Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
W212 E350: AMG Sport/P2/Pano/Etc. & '09 Chevy Malibu / Sold M-B's: '06 E350 & '02 S500
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading somewhere that the Distronic on the W220's just beeps when you get too close to another car, and with the W221's they started "driving for you", as in braking, and accelerating to your chosen Max-Cruise speed.

Well when I was driving from L.A to Vegas yesterday, all of a sudden if I did a quick lane change or just got within about 130-140 Ft. (where my Disctronic is set at) the car would brake, then accelerate back when safe....Needless to say I was extremely joyous. I was also trying to figure out how to change the distance zone on it, like changing it from 130-140 to something a bit further maybe? Where do you guys keep yours at, and what would you consider a safe distance?

Also I was really pleased to see the car made it (about 280 miles) with a little less than half a Tank of Gas :)

·
Registered
2015 S550 222
160 Posts
There is a small wheel on the center console on left side just aft of the gear shift and the W/S switch. If you roll it forward it will decrease the distance and roll it to rear and it will increase following distance..

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Yep! That's the party piece of the Distronic system. I think on the W220, it will slow you down up to a point, after which you have you brake on your own. The W221 brings you to a complete stop and when you give a little gas or resume the cruise it will start back up for you.

There should be a thumb wheel to allow you to change the distance.

·
Registered
W212 E350: AMG Sport/P2/Pano/Etc. & '09 Chevy Malibu / Sold M-B's: '06 E350 & '02 S500
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh, nice, good to know since I was thinking of putting it to the completely stopping test, haha. What's that button with the Horn sign on top of the distance switch?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2007 W221 Brabus D6 III S320 CDi LWB, 2003 W220 500LWB & 1999 W202 240 Elegance Auto
168 Posts
Ahh, nice, good to know since I was thinking of putting it to the completely stopping test, haha. What's that button with the Horn sign on top of the distance switch?

Thanks for the info.
Same for your reversing sensors.

Alan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts