Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2005 C230K
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post in the new forums. I just got a "used" 2005 C230 Kompressor about a month ago. I love driving this car and for the money there is nothing better. But, with all of that said, relatively the c230 k isnt really that fast is it? I mean compared to alot of cheaper cars. I probably couldnt drag a stock mustang and win I dont think (could handle better tho :p)

Anyways just trying turn down my road ego a little bit.

Also the mods that give you like 10 - 20 hp increase, how much will that actually affect the speed and say 0-60 time of the vehicle?

Thanks guys....very cool place here.

·
Registered
C230 Kompressor
3 Posts
You want to check out the guys at POWERCHIP at http://www.powerchipgroup.com/interact/datasheets/datasheets_two.asp?pid=Mer0117.

As per their website:
In standard form, the C230K Sport Coupe 1.8 produces 189 hp and 192 lb.-ft.

Powerchip has a range of chips to suit your car, which can increase it's power to between 204 hp and 207 hp, and it's torque to between 207 lb.-ft and 211 lb.-ft.

The price of the Powerchip is USD $640.00.

You'll find many posts in this forum about the same topic. I haven't done this yet, but plan to do so in a few months time.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,033 Posts
I think speed is proportional to intelligence. You take a turtle and it thinks everything is moving at hyper speed because it brain thinks that normal is about 2Km per hour.

Take the cheetah. It thinks everything is in slow motion because normal is a lot faster there.

So if you want the car to go really really fast then request a labotomy or buy a C55.

·
Registered
2005 C230K
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well regardless I'm definately not complaining b/c I wouldnt trade this car for anything except maybe a better benz, porsche, or bimmer.

·
Registered
2005 w203, 2013 Town & Country
2,180 Posts
"With a C230K you can kill a newer GT Mustang"

being a big mustang guy id pay to see that....
seeing that a stock GT runs 60 in 5.1, and a V6 shoots it in 6.9

that being said we have talked about this a little - here....

http://www.mbnz.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1204237&posts=20&hl=

and here...

http://www.mbnz.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1201588&posts=7&hl=NISSAN

enjoy the car
jake

·
Registered
00 C-230, 04 C-240
468 Posts
The Kompressors are not fast off-the-line, but will definately show their "Autobahn" heritage to any Mustang, or other Detroit iron, they encounter -- I can vouch for that!!

Detroit Muscle-car freaks know this & will not challenge other than at stop lights -- most of the time, anyway.

Be safe!!

·
Registered
00 C-230, 04 C-240
468 Posts
Oh boy, I just can't get rid of this "dupa".

Yup, no matter how you slice it, it's still balony -- especially if it's Detroit iron.

G

·
0 Posts
I don't believe the C can take the STI. from a stop or on a roll. on a straight or on a canyon.

G

·
0 Posts
Plus the fact that the steering feel is not that great, floaty at times. scared to go too fast in the C240. How is the steering with the sport? Does it get tighter as the speed increases? Is it more precise? I have yet to drive one

·
Registered
22 Posts
HAWAI'I - 5/16/2005 7:50 PM
How is the steering with the sport? Does it get tighter as the speed increases? Is it more precise? I have yet to drive one
1) Solid. No floating, great handling even when going over bumps at high speeds around turns.
2) Tight pretty much all the time. Even when going over bumps around turns at speeds over 100 mph (hypothetically).
3) Yes, compared to the 320's I've driven (all regular suspension). Along with the precision is a much greater awareness of bumps, especially when going around turns at...
4) Drive one. [:)] Just be careful during winter. Don't ask...

1 - 20 of 72 Posts