Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just sold my wife's 2004 bmw x3. We want something bigger, but the x5 seemed too big. The 2009 ML350 seems to fit the bill. I like the 2009 facelift. I have been a bmw driver for a long time but my parents have drove Mercedes exclusively since the 80's.

Any car I buy will still be under warranty so I am not worried about little things. Besides the obvious of looking for a clean accident free and well maintained car, are there specific things to look for on a ML?

There appears to be tons of these coming off lease all over, so I am almost overwhelmed with available cars.

In addition, if anyone has a nice low mile white one forsale, let me know.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
IMO, after looking through this section of the forums seeking advice on possibly purchasing a 2007 ML 350, I´ve decided not to buy one.

There seems to be a stew of problems from electrical to mechanical that manifest themselves at random and the dealers have no clue as to how to fix them.

Spare parts, the ones that regularly need replacing, like brakes, tires, battery are overpriced and for an SUV they are not very off road friendly.

Just does not bring confidence to me.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
By off road, I mean that the battery sits under the seats where the area is prone to getting wet from crossing flooded streets, not to mention off roading creeks or such.

Also, they seem to let water in from rain somewhere in the rear section (from what I have read here).

Cheers

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the insight. I have looked at the new x3, but I don't want to spend 40k plus tax. I found a very nice 09 with 43k for 31,000 with p1 and heated seats. There are other ones with cpo for about 35-36 with less miles, say 20-30k mi.

What really annoys me is memory seats are not included in p1 until 2010 and 90% of the cars have P1 not P2 package.

To get the x3 I want I am looking at spending at least 43k plus tax for a new one and used 2011's are not selling at a discount if you can find one.

I would like to get more insight from those who own them. Keep in mind, I will be getting a CPO or extending the warranty so I wouldn't be driving without a warranty.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I have an '08, not horribly different that the '09 you're looking at (other than slight upgrades to cabin electronics). It's a good thing you'll have a warranty. I can't image the cash I'd have shelled out if I didn't have a warranty. I got mine CPO.......sure glad I did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts