Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or do black c classes have swirl marks that just WON'T GO AWAY!??? I have taken my car to countless detailers to gets waxes, clar bar cleanings, buffs, and more waxes... spent SO much time $ and energy trying to get rid of these swirl marks that i noticed were on my black car the day after i bought it. I have 5000 miles but the paint looks like the car is years old w/ all the swirlies...does anyone else have this annoying problem or am i the only one so anal?! anyone recommend a good product to help rectify the problem?<br>
<br>
aiyah.... wished i got a silver c240 instead.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes, I used the 3M Swirl Mark Remover.....

It works well. On the 'harder to get out' areas, I used 3M rubbing compound. Once all the swirls were gone, I used 3M hand glace to shine up the car, then Finish First Polish to top it off.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's more work but the results are more satisfying. If you are not into constant care to maintain consitent good look then black is not for you.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. But so are all dark colours, unless you wash your car every day. I wash my silver C only once every ... (to be honest, I can't even remember).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Listen!! Buy some High Tech Swirl remover made by McGuires and follow with a pure Paste Carnuba WAX. Make sure there are NO cleaners in the Paste WAX. 100% pure Carnuba with a clothe baby diaper to remove.<br> <br> Wipe clean in straight lines with little presure on the paint. DO NOT remove in SWIRLS!<br> <br> You will have no problems after that.<br> <br> In college I was the master at Detailing Black Cars, now I only detail my Black Mercedes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts