Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 C300 (sold), 1987 560SL, 2007 CLK350 Cabrio, 2011 E350 Coupe. ALL 040! :)
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone-

I've read all of the posts about replacement tops and ARO2000 (and Prestige) seem to come up again and again. Wanted to know if those who purchased them are happy with them after having them for a while. All of the installers here in South Florida say to go with Gahh... Any advice would be appreciated as would a recommendation for a great installer in South Florida if you know if one.

Thanks!

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,512 Posts
Hi everyone-

I've read all of the posts about replacement tops and ARO2000 (and Prestige) seem to come up again and again. Wanted to know if those who purchased them are happy with them after having them for a while. All of the installers here in South Florida say to go with Gahh... Any advice would be appreciated as would a recommendation for a great installer in South Florida if you know if one.

Thanks!
Depends on what YOU want.

Extensive research was done by member Laverda a couple of years ago.
Between myself and Laverda, we exchanged the different fabrics, back and forth....coupled with the research and the actual vendor feedback determined that either Prestige or ARO2000 was worthy of our $$.

Again, it depends on what YOU want. We decided that the OEM fabric Sonnenland was what we wanted but not everyone wants that fabric.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r-c107-sl-slc-class/1359307-final-soft-top-report-ive-had.html

·
Premium Member
'72 350SL, '85 300D, '98 E320, '19 Subaru Outback (sold '14 GLK250)
10,338 Posts
Hi everyone-

Thanks!
You could go with an original MB top. Rusty Cullens (Buy Mercedes Benz Parts) was advertising OE tops and carpet sets recently His prices are usually good. It would be interesting to know what he is selling them for. If that link doesn't work enter it wwwdotbuy/mb/partsdotcom without the slashes.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We've decided on Sonnenland Classic but basically want to know which company offers the best construction and seams, etc. I think we want to go with ARO and am basically looking for someone else who has that top to say they are happy with what they received. Each of these companies are cutting and sewing their own tops right?

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,512 Posts
We've decided on Sonnenland Classic but basically want to know which company offers the best construction and seams, etc. I think we want to go with ARO and am basically looking for someone else who has that top to say they are happy with what they received. Each of these companies are cutting and sewing their own tops right?
I might be the only one here with an ARO.

I'm happy with it.

I received what I thought I would and Putt was free with the advice.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the "Prestige" everyone refers to site at prestigeautotops d com? There are several called Presitge. This one is in England?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts