Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Audi A4
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use ARMOR ALL for interior cleaning / detailing for another vehicle (Camry). It works well, I mean it removes everything such as coffee strain, pen ink, etc.
Sometimes, it works too well so my dashboard is too shiny.

Can I use it for my 88 Mercedes-Benz? Or is it too strong for chemically?

Thanks for your advice.
[:)]

·
Registered
CLK 55 AMG '03
136 Posts
As far as I know...Armor All is not recommended at all for anything...period!...atleast on most reputable forums. I have never come across any positive feedback on it's contents, composition or enduring effects on car interior/exterior.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Benz Devil,

Some have mentioned that Armor All causes the user to keep using the product because it dries the material it is applied on, hence to keep using the product to maintain it.

I would use something more specialized because AA tends to be a multipurpose item. Something along the lines of Lexol (Vinylex) would do really good.

Personally I haven't used it yet since I still have Klasse that came with the car when I got it. Just make sure you don't use any silicone-based products on the tires, it makes the tires (as well as other surfaces) slippery.

·
Registered
1981 380sel
33 Posts
I use armorall for my engine dressing. Thats how much I hate it. For top quality leather care/cleaning/fixing. you will want this stuff, but it is VERY pricy. http://www.leatherique.com/

I have heard nothing but good things about the products sold by this company.

For cloth interior cleaning. 6:1 mix of woolite and a scrub brush is good. But make sure you have a water extractor or a shop vac. You dont want any of the residue to be left behind.

·
Registered
CLK 55 AMG '03
136 Posts
Quite right about Leatherique...hands down ..a winner. Everytime I use it..it reminds me of the time when I recieved my car from the showroom. No articial shine..just that subtle rich softening , rich fresh leather effect & feel. It even works on the creases on my nappa leather and minimizes the visual artifacts caused by them. I will never look at another leather cleaner again. Now it sayson the bottle that you can use the Pristine Clean for vinyl as well. I have never tried it...would like to...has anyone else??

cheers!

·
Registered
03' C320 4Matic SS
670 Posts
everyone hates armor all here but i dont care i continue to use it.... i like it i mean if u dont want the high shine u can buy diff types of armor all it shines n cleans my interior real good i use it on my 91' 560SEL and i mean i havnet had any problems with it no cracks no nuthin!

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
1,219 Posts
I use "303 Aerospace Protectant" and have been happy with the results. It's not silcone based like AA.

·
Premium Member
ML430
2,662 Posts
bronze560SEL - 2/9/2005 4:56 PM

everyone hates armor all here but i dont care i continue to use it.... i like it i mean if u dont want the high shine u can buy diff types of armor all it shines n cleans my interior real good i use it on my 91' 560SEL and i mean i havnet had any problems with it no cracks no nuthin!
haha you tell um'!
I do not use AA because i feel that it leaves a stinky smell in my car.

·
Registered
ML500, SLK55 AMG
258 Posts
I found that armorall left the dash kind of stiff, and too shiny. One of the service guys asked what I was using, and told me that there is a reaction when the armorall coated dash is exposed to sun which can damage and crack the dash. I am using the MB product which is not cheap, but the dash is now soft and supple again and looks great.

·
Registered
03' C320 4Matic SS
670 Posts
i actaully just got home from college and my dash is still nice from previously used AA since my sister drives the car she doesnt really clean it so there was a light thin layer of dust i wiped it off and then used some AA now it looks real good again. Yes at first AA does make ur dash want to soap more because your dash is not use to it but after around 3 uses the 4th time the dash remains shiny for a long time.... I dk i've always been taught to use AA and i'll always use it unless it does really harm my car but i've never had anything bad happen to ne of my cars using AA

I use AA products for leather, dash, tires, engine

·
Registered
90 420SEL
44 Posts
Used AA for decades on all my vehicles.For anything vinyl or rubber,dashes,tires and window seals,trim,engine hoses,etc.Never had a problemo and renews sun faded seals,and old neglected dashes great!If it's too shiny,rub some off with a dry cloth after it soaks in a bit.No biggy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts