Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone going to trade in their 1998-2005 for the new 2006 ML and if you have one what is the best price to pay for it.

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,117 Posts
Purchase/trade in

LoveBenz - 4/22/2005 5:31 PM

Is anyone going to trade in their 1998-2005 for the new 2006 ML and if you have one what is the best price to pay for it.
I'm not trading, but will sell my '98 privately. Much better financially.

Some have reported getting $1,000 over invoice or $2,000 of list here, but I am paying MSRP. I am willing to do that because I have an excellent dealership that supports me in every way.

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Pay sticker, it's quicker! Right GregW/Oregon!? [;)] Kidding, of course. [:D]

Actually, my son isn't interested in getting rid of the 1999 ML320 until the new offroad package comes in the ML350. Even then, he wants to wait and see how new W164 owners are enjoying their new Benz and what problems they are experiencing.

·
Registered
2004 MB G500 Black
1,175 Posts
TH - 4/23/2005 6:08 AM
Drove the mew ML with the off road package. [:D][:D]
The new one is much, much better in every asp3ect than the W163. The Interior and built quality is a total different league.
Well, supposedly, all new MB cars/SUVs from now on will have very high quality, comparable to MB of old (before cost cutting came into effect).

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
Not at all..........l traded in my 1999 ML 430, for a 2002 ML 55, after seeing the W164 at the Detriot Auto Show......l'm sorry..it did nothing for me....As my service advisor says at the Benz dealership..it looks "too Japanese"...l have to honest....too RX 330 for me..l show know..l help produce them in Canada...l hope Greg and who else, enjoys them...its just not for me...l don't like the styling...

·
Registered
'82 380SL+'02 ML320
188 Posts
Well, supposedly, all new MB cars/SUVs from now on will have very high quality, comparable to MB of old (before cost cutting came into effect).
IMHO, the quality standard people are interested in is not MB of old, it is Audi/Lexus/Acura of new. Old MB's were meant to last 20 years. That hasn't been MB's intention for a long time.

·
Registered
2006 ML350
70 Posts
Trading a 1999 for a 2006

We are trading a 1999ML with approx. 99,000 miles on a 2006 ML350. $2000 off MSRP with a fair value for the trade. With a few exceptions as have been mentioned on this site numerous times, the W163 has been a dependable and reasonably well built car. If we can get as many miles out of the new one with even less repairs it will be an absolute winner. To be more specific on your pricing questions, there are many dealers that are offering $1000 to $1500 off MSRP. Just be careful that you get a legitimate value for your trade.

·
Registered
07 s550 4matic black/black
240 Posts
just a quick data point for you:

i took delivery of my new 2006 s500 amg sport yesterday and when i was at the dealership picking up my new sled, the dealer was delivering THREE new ml350s that day. i asked my salesman what sort of discount they were offering (no threat to him in telling me as i had just purchased a different car), and he said, "none! full sticker/ full msrp!" no reason to lie to me, i guess.

therefore, for those of you that are getting discounts off of the msrp --> consider yourself very fortunate. those that aren't getting discounts, don't feel like you've been raped; it's the new model thing. point of reference: i live in the western suburbs of chicago.

something else to consider: my dealership deals favourably with me because i have a relationship with the dealership having bought multiple cars from them. i think that sort of 'loyalty' plays into how much of a discount one actually receives when you buy a new car. just a thought. enjoy your new ml benzos! they are VERY sharp in my opinion!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts