Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 2003 ML500 in the Minneapolis area - I am out of state, and was wondering if it made sense to arrange for a Pre Purchase Inspection before I commit to flying out there?
Or is the CPO comprehensive enough that I really do not have to worry about an inspection ?
The car looks good otherwise, and is at a MB dealer.

If a PPI is needed, does anyone have a recommendation for a good shop in the Minneapolis area that I can contact ?

Thanks!

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,262 Posts
Unless this dealer goes above and beyond, the inspection required by MBZ’s CPO program is mostly paperwork related. Mostly they check to make sure there are no odometer or title discrepancies. Besides that, the only other things that would prevent a vehicle from qualifying as CPO is any damage and repair to the frame (which they will inspect for), or being over the mileage or age limits. They do usually make sure all TSB’s (such as the power steering hose) have been performed, but that is not a CPO requirement.

Here’s what I would do. Have the dealer fax or e-mail copies of the VMI and CarFax. The VMI will tell you what all services have been performed by any MBZ dealer. CarFax will give you previous owner info as well as a better than 50% chance of knowing if there was ever any body damage. If you like what you see, then forget about a PPI. The truck will be under warranty, so there’s not much else to worry about.

- RODNEY

1 - 2 of 2 Posts