Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

141 - 154 of 154 Posts

·
66,894 Posts
Fuck Iraq.
there is nothing left of it to fuck. The oil is going to be controlled by someone other than us. if we fought for oil then we lost but if we fought to make sure that Israel is the big daddy of the region then we kind of won but get no rewards.

Does that sum it up?

·
Registered
61,958 Posts
SCHIEFFER: When former first lady Laura Bush joined us we turned back to the possibility of a Bush 45. So let's talk about the Bush dynasty here. Your mom says there have been enough Bushes running for President. What do you-- what do you two think about that?

L'IL BUSH: Sometimes her prognostications haven't been very accurate. And no, no, I think you have to earn your way into politics. I don't think anything is ever given to you.

Yes. He actually said that. And this...

SCHIEFFER: Do you have any regrets about that, Mr. President?

BUSH: Ah, no. I have regrets that, uhh--[deep breath]--that--

SCHIEFFER: I mean, do you ever feel that maybe it was the wrong decision?

BUSH: No, I think it was the right decision. My, my regret is that, uhh, a violent group of people have risen--risen up again. This is [long pause; shakes head] al-Qaeda plus. And, um, I put in the book that they need to be defeated. And, uh, I hope we do. It's, uh--I hope that the strategy works.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,248 Posts
The good part, they are non sectarian protests.
We should expect sectarian and extremist efforts to hijack / steal some of the protests momentum.

Trumps decision to turn on the Kurds, the US most recent stalwart friends by withdrawing US troops from the Syrian border, and allow Turkish forces passage into Syria to fight the Kurds, will have repercussions in Iraq's Kurdish region.

It will make the US regional allies question the value of America's commitment to them imo..

Will we see a resurrection of ISIS / ISIL ?

141 - 154 of 154 Posts