Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A stunning admission/revelation made today by one of the USA's most hawkish politicians, John McCain. Better late than never Senator, though some of us have understood that fact for 10 years now...

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RI
52,804 Posts
It was a huge mistake and one that will take centuries to sort out.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,248 Posts
A leader who has experienced the senseless brutality or war as POW in the notorious Hanoi Hilton and survived should really know better.

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True. Still, my jaw dropped as I watched the video replay. Who next, Cheney?

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,248 Posts
All the death and misery and a trillion of uncle sam's dough spent for what result?

The Mullahs in Tehran run the government and more than half of Iraq.
According to Iraqi friends (Christian & Muslim) the majority would love to have Saddam back.
They would gladly trade the present chaos for any form of secular law and order.

·
52,804 Posts
All the death and misery and a trillion of uncle sam's dough spent for what result?

The Mullahs in Tehran run the government and more than half of Iraq.
According to Iraqi friends (Christian & Muslim) the majority would love to have Saddam back.
They would gladly trade the present chaos for any form of secular law and order.
Sadam may have been a hard man but that is what it takes to keep law and order in that part of the world. And I fully agree with the Tehran statement.

·
Immoderately Caffeinated/ Vintage Moderator
16,392 Posts
True. Still, my jaw dropped as I watched the video replay. Who next, Cheney?
Cheney is a misery pimp from the depths of all that is wrong with modern day conservatism. Cheney made obscene profits from the deaths of thousands of Americans and allied men and women including Australians and if there is one reason to hope and believe in a hell it is to know this man will surely burn there forever. The likes of Cheney will never admit to anything remotely needing a moral compass to do so.

·
52,804 Posts
Cheney is a misery pimp from the depths of all that is wrong with modern day conservatism. Cheney made obscene profits from the deaths of thousands of Americans and allied men and women including Australians and if there is one reason to hope and believe in a hell it is to know this man will surely burn there forever. The likes of Cheney will never admit to anything remotely needing a moral compass to do so.
There is one British ex prime minister who should join him in hell.

·
Administratoris Emeritus
46,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Couldn't believe my ears

·
Immoderately Caffeinated/ Vintage Moderator
16,392 Posts
Blair was not driven by the same hubris and greed like Cheney. Not even close.

·
52,804 Posts
He was a lying toad and that is enough for me. He lied to the British Public and should have been tried for the deaths of British servicmen and women.

·
52,804 Posts

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
:eek:
I beg to differ, most strongly.
Blair was a decietful, egotistical, glib, greedy cunt.
He also married one.
Unfortunately they were both intelligent enough to be effective in their manulipation of the public, via the syncopantic press.

·
52,804 Posts
:eek:
I beg to differ, most strongly.
Blair was a decietful, egotistical, glib, greedy cunt.
He also married one.
Unfortunately they were both intelligent enough to be effective in their manulipation of the public, via the syncopantic press.
I cannot agree more with this.

·
Banned
23,569 Posts
Iraq has been victimized like no other country.
Unfortunately it's part of what is now referred to as Balkanisation.
A country of multiple ethnic groups is purposely divided.
In Iraq's case into three regions.
Each region has a different tribe or religion. Shia, Sunni and Kurd.
Before the Iran-Iraq war, Iraq was an oil rich nation, held together by a ruthless dictator, Saddam Hussein and his secret police.
Without Saddam and his methods, Iraq has fallen apart.
Now it's in a state of perpetual war.
This is to stop Iraq ever uniting and becoming a threat to Israel.
The same has taken place in Libya, and is now happening in Syria.
Greater Israel is getting closer to reality.
The power to resist is being neutralized.

·
52,804 Posts
1 - 20 of 154 Posts