Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
C43
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an interesting thing happen the other day to me when I started my C43. The car started then died about two seconds after starting. Could the cause of this be that the batteries are weak in by key fob or is it something deeper?

Thanks

·
Registered
98 mecedes c43
69 Posts
you can yake the batteries the car will still start i had the same problem is most likely ...

you can yake the batteries the car will still start i had the same problem is most likely the starter

·
Registered
1999 C43
4 Posts
It's happen to me 3x

I've had the same thing happen to me, but the three times its occured I've just finished filling the tank at the gas station. I'm wondering if it's because I've just left the key in the ignition and it somehow activates a security feature. After two tries it starts right up. I don't think the starter is the problem. If it was it's usually accompanied by by other symptoms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine has done the same thing. One key fob will do it the other one won't. Turn the fob o...

Mine has done the same thing. One key fob will do it the other one won't. Turn the fob over and things should work. My mechanic does not know why this happens either just that turning the fob over works.

·
Registered
SL280
196 Posts
I have not heard the 'one fob does and the other does not' scenario before - let me know i...

I have not heard the 'one fob does and the other does not' scenario before - let me know if you get any answers.
two things on starting though
1. There was a factory bulletin sent out some time back that the V6 (dont know if V8 as well) starter was too close to the exhaust and became very hot resulting in the pinion sticking in. The rectification was a specially issued grease. Takes an hour to do. Typical conditions were petrol stations as the short stop meant that the starter could not cool down. Check with your MB dealer for detail
2. Do not let kids play with your electric seats with the engine not running. Apparantly the computer measures battery drain, and if it thinks excessive, will shove you into the same mode. To the inexperienced (me, once..) it felt like the fuel intake was flooded...
Suggest you check out #1 - I have been there!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize this is probably a dumb question. Do you guys know if it is possible to program the IR chrome key to work soley for the door locks on a '96 C280? I know the ignition is a different technology. I love the new chrome key and my old flip key has been beaten up and cracked.

Thanks for your help and it's nice to be on another Benz forum!

Cheers,

·
Registered
Mercedes W210 E class CDI
16 Posts
No. I don't think so.
I realize this is probably a dumb question. Do you guys know if it is possible to program the IR chrome key to work soley for the door locks on a '96 C280? I know the ignition is a different technology. I love the new chrome key and my old flip key has been beaten up and cracked.

Thanks for your help and it's nice to be on another Benz forum!

Cheers,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts