Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
04 C320
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a question? is there any way to hook up an ipod directly to your headunit with out losing your cd changer? i have a 04 c320 with a factory cd changer? any suggestions?

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
Yes, Desinon (spelling is suspect) Icelink works well from what I hear. It allows you to use the steering wheel controls to change songs and playlists and such. Integrates with the radio. It's not cheap but then again, you have a Benz, money should be no object. Heck the audio forum on this site, I think the mod did it.

·
Registered
W204 & W211
2,717 Posts
If you install IceLink, you'll lose CD changer capability. If you want to keep CD changer, the only way is to get COMAND with AUX input.

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
There is one more way, you could modify the tape deck by snipping the 2 wires to the motor, cutting the circuit board connections to the heads and attaching your aux in wires to that. Put a tape in first before powering off the unit so it knows you have a tape in there. There's instructions with pics somewhere, maybe on my website if I remember.... Of course you won't be able to listen to tapes anymore but I don't even remember what they look like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts