Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I was considering getting the iPod integration kit in the 2006 SLK 350 I plan to get. However, it seems every Mercedes-Benz has low volume on the iPod integration kits.

However, I was wondering if this is the case on the SLK 350 even if the car has the Harmon Kardon sound system?

Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi

I was considering getting the iPod integration kit in the 2006 SLK 350 I plan to get. However, it seems every Mercedes-Benz has low volume on the iPod integration kits.

However, I was wondering if this is the case on the SLK 350 even if the car has the Harmon Kardon sound system?

Thanks.

Yes, it is the case, even with the HK sound system.

I just traded in my 06 SLK350 all the options including the Ipod prewiring w/kit paired with the HK Sound system. The volume was always about 50% to 75% that of the volume of a CD in the DVD player & SAT radio. That's just the way it is and MB makes no apologies for the Ipod hack in these pre-facelift models.

If you feel you need to work your IPod via the steering wheel buttons then have it installed. It is an expensive install. If your 06 SLK350 has the aux jack in the glove compartment you might want to see if that connection works for you volume and convenience wise.

In my previous 05SLK350 I just ran a long jack wire (obtained at Radio Shack for $3) from the inside right of the glovebox, out the left side and rested the IPod. I kept the glove box closed. It worked fine. But didn't have the convenience of moving through songs in the IPod via the steering wheel.

I have had the opportunity to test the new multimedia sound system with my IPod in an 09 model. The volume is much improved but still not as loud as using the SAT radio or 6 in-dash DVD player. The overall sound in much improved in the facelift models and multimedia systems in general. (I've tested both 09SLK & C class)

Drive Fast!

bobbyM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts