Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won a newer version Ipod Shuffle last summer and finally tried to get it to work using the glovebox auxiliary plug. No sound was heard after putting it into play and pushing the Aux button in the Comand unit. Does the Shuffle not work with the Comand unit, am I missing a step, or do I need to check with the dealer because I have a problem? Anyone with an Ipod Shuffle have this problem?

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
I do know or was told that the shuffle will not work with the MB Ipod kit. As for just plugging it into the aux jack I do not believe that this will work either. To do it correctly you need the MB Ipod kit installed any other way you may come up with may or may not work but for sure the IPod controlls on the wheel will not work.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I do know or was told that the shuffle will not work with the MB Ipod kit. As for just plugging it into the aux jack I do not believe that this will work either. To do it correctly you need the MB Ipod kit installed any other way you may come up with may or may not work but for sure the IPod controlls on the wheel will not work.
Thanks Sosh-
I've just wasted an afternoon trying to get my shuffle to work with my IPOD adaptor on my ML550:(

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use a Nano with the Aux jack (no ipod integration kit, I just ordered the Opi-M from Nav-TV) - make sure the volume is turned all the way up on your shuffle - and select Aux on the Comand. You might want to confirm your ipod is playing with earphones because of the lack of a display. Also sometimes an ipod go into pause when you plug/unplug earphones or a miniplug connector.

I would imagine you know nothing will display on the Comand other than "Aux".

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thx Jonias,
I have the IPOD adaptor kit and got a Dynex adaptor that I plugged my shuffle into, and the IPOD adaptor from the ML plugs into the DYNEX adaptor.
I switch to AUX-the screen says "IPOD please wait" then after 15-20 seconds and Error message comes on. Nothing......

·
Registered
2 Posts
So the harness in my glove box connects easily to my iPod Touch, but I also have an iPod Shuffle and cannot figure out how to connect it to the harness. The two iPods seem to have different connection configurations, or am I missing something simple? Can anyone advise me as to how to connect the iPod Shuffle to my 2009 E320B?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've got an '07 with the aux plug in the glove box. I can run my shuffle out of the headphone plug or out of the line out (normal ipod base sound/charger connector). you really should not have any problem with it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I used to use the Aux port for the C55 and a shuffle worked (but quality was poor)

the ML has a Ipod integration, and I consolidated to the iPhone, on that subject, I still get the "device unsupported for charging" and the iPhone does not show up with any functionality. does anyone know of a MCD command update to fix this. States any gen 4 and above is "incompatible" with the MB iPod integration kit for charging?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The guys at Radio Shack showed me the cable I needed to connect my Shuffle to the glove box harness. Which I did and it still didn't work. So I did what I should have done in the beginning. I looked in the Owner's Manuals and found (guess what?)—the iPod Shuffle is not compatible with my auxiliary system. All the other iPods will work in my car, but not the Shuffle. So, that's that.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I used to use the Aux port for the C55 and a shuffle worked (but quality was poor)

the ML has a Ipod integration, and I consolidated to the iPhone, on that subject, I still get the "device unsupported for charging" and the iPhone does not show up with any functionality. does anyone know of a MCD command update to fix this. States any gen 4 and above is "incompatible" with the MB iPod integration kit for charging?
There's an adapter that may work for you. Here's one from Amazon:

Amazon.com: iPod / iPhone Charging Adapter Converter (Black) - Convert 12V to 5V - Converts Old iPod Dock, iPod Alpine, Pioneer and Car Hook Ups to 5V Allowing You to Charge the New iPod and iPhones: Electronics

·
Registered
452 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts