Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 C180 Kompressor
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I'm having a little problem with my IPod integration kit I had installed in my 2005 C180 Kompressor last week. The Kit itself works perfectly (great quality), but the problem is I also have a Parrot CK3000 Evolution Bluetooth Handsfree installed (installed by the dealership when I bought the car last year), and now whenever I try to use the answering and disconnect feature on the s/wheel to go in or out of the IPod menu, the phone tries to make a call, and doesn't let me access the IPod menu. Apparently after checking it, the service manager guy said my car doesn't have a MOST Ring installed, so the car doesn't know what's happening. And he doesn't know if one can order it. So I was hoping someone here might know the solution, as I'm not expecting too much feedback from Merc (South African Client Service is a bit pathetic), even though he said he would check. Would the MOST CD Changer Cable I read about in another post here be the solution?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
My Benz: 04 S430
1,219 Posts
antonj - 4/15/2006 6:52 AM

Hi guys!

I'm having a little problem with my IPod integration kit I had installed in my 2005 C180 Kompressor last week. The Kit itself works perfectly (great quality), but the problem is I also have a Parrot CK3000 Evolution Bluetooth Handsfree installed (installed by the dealership when I bought the car last year), and now whenever I try to use the answering and disconnect feature on the s/wheel to go in or out of the IPod menu, the phone tries to make a call, and doesn't let me access the IPod menu. Apparently after checking it, the service manager guy said my car doesn't have a MOST Ring installed, so the car doesn't know what's happening. And he doesn't know if one can order it. So I was hoping someone here might know the solution, as I'm not expecting too much feedback from Merc (South African Client Service is a bit pathetic), even though he said he would check. Would the MOST CD Changer Cable I read about in another post here be the solution?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
I'm not familiar with the Hands free device, but the IKIT manual say's that when you are using the IPOD and receive a call, when you press the answer button, the ipod is muted.When you hang up, the ipod resumes.According to this, you have to be either placing a call from the send button on your head unit, or press the call button on your steering wheel while the telephone menu is active in your instrument cluster.

If your phone is trying to dial while you are in the Audio menu from your instrument cluster, then there is something going on with the phone kit. Was it version coded properly? it should not work at all unless the menu is present on the instrument cluster.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts