Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2001 E320 Midnight Blue
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Trying to do my next project. I want to have an ipod hook up through the CD player input. I have looked through the DIY and it looks as the "bipes" integration is the only one they have. I was wondering if anyone knew or had an idea of what I can do to achieve this. Thanks again in advance!

·
Registered
1999 E320 4matic (owned previously); 1996 SL500
674 Posts
I always thought you could hook up an ipod via cassette tape adapter.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey everyone,
Trying to do my next project. I want to have an ipod hook up through the CD player input. I have looked through the DIY and it looks as the "bipes" integration is the only one they have. I was wondering if anyone knew or had an idea of what I can do to achieve this. Thanks again in advance!
Hi Bricull99:

I have just gone through the entire Ipod thing as well for my 02 E430. short of changing the radio, which might or might not cause you to lose your steering wheel controls, the cassette seems to be a good solution. I just purchased one at Best Buy yesterday and it is about $17.00. It sounds great. It is so much better then the FM frequency thing which you have to change endlessly and gives you enough static and interference to take a chain saw to it. (Don't do that; bad for the interior...)

It is a bit hard to close the cassette door due to the wire but I hear you can do a bit of very light drilling of necessary and create a bit of room. It seems clean and easy and is far better then the chain saw.

Please see this thread:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1433045-got-radio-ideas.html

Let me know how it comes out.

Howard

·
Registered
2001 E320 Midnight Blue
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have gone the cassette route. You will soon find out that the cassette will soon break down and when you are using it, it will constantly make a loud noise. As for swapping out decks, I will only swap out decks if it means me retaining steering wheel controls. I have seen a deck that allows you to keep the controls, but you have to connect a new cable to the instrument cluster. However, if anyone out there knows of any new decks, ideas, mods, etc etc I woujld appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have gone the cassette route. You will soon find out that the cassette will soon break down and when you are using it, it will constantly make a loud noise. As for swapping out decks, I will only swap out decks if it means me retaining steering wheel controls. I have seen a deck that allows you to keep the controls, but you have to connect a new cable to the instrument cluster. However, if anyone out there knows of any new decks, ideas, mods, etc etc I woujld appreciate it. Thanks!
Painful, isn't it?

·
Registered
E-ZGO 53 HP., 99 E 430 sport, 04 E55 AMG, 2008 Tahoe LTZ Sold Porsche to Brother
1,906 Posts
Sounds like you got a $3 China cassette, there are better ones that run silent and will last years. Here is what I did,

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1398043-replace-headunit-ipod-integration.html

·
Registered
2007 E550, 2007 GL450
479 Posts
Installed in my 97 E420 with Bose system,works great.

Home
I'm using the InDashPC adaptor as well, which even charges my iPhone!

However, this adaptor only works for the Becker model 1692 head unit, from W210s up to 1998. MY 1999-2000+ have a newer head unit (fibre optic) and this adaptor doesn't work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts