Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 ML320
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after spending time looking around for some sort of way to play my ipod I finally went to the local audio shop and made an appointment to install an ipod interface in my ml320 for around $160 including labor. I forgot to ask and wanted to see if anyone might know on here, if you can control the actual ipod with this. I fear that with this I will plug my ipod in and it will just say "accessory detected" or something and that I will have no way to select songs. I have a stock head unit and dont plan on using any aftermarket head unit because it will mess my car up and costs to much. so am i just going to have to settle with letting the music just play or is there ANY way I can have it so that I can select and control songs?

Thanks

-haley

·
Registered
SLK350 6MT, Kenwood Nav, MTec HID, smartop
55 Posts
If it emulates the CD changer, it will control the ipod, even steering wheel controls work. If it's an FM modulator, then you will have to control it on the ipod

·
Registered
2005 CL65 AMG, 2007 Ferrari F430
790 Posts
If it is only $160, then it is not something on the fiber optic network. The license fees alone are $150 for products on the network. The lowest price item I have ever seen (and we are in the business of making these products) is about $290, and it does not do much.
You need to find out what you are getting.

·
Registered
2000 ML320
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, that makes sense. I went to into the shop desperate for something to play my iPod, they don't have much to chose from that's compatible for a Mercedes with out paying a pretty penny other than that and it seemed fairly simple. Only thing I'm concerned with is if whether or not I can actually still select songs and what not, not just have it play if that makes sense?

I know nothing about cars haha.

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes E420
159 Posts
ok so if your looking for an ipod interface you have a few options..im in the car audio business...Welcome to Sound-Waves! we do it all !
try diceelectronics or usaspec for ipod interfaces...with those you should have full control and be able to retain all your cars functions...you will need a cd changer in order to have this installed though and you will lose it...also your car my be fiber optic...and these items have dip switches on them so you can install it so you can control it from the ipod and your cars radio...because there a little confusing to use..not too bad
for 160$ i doubt your getting anything good
if your looking to go cheap try isimple..an is77 will work i done it in customers cars and it sounds great..but its all through the ipod only volume from your radio is what you use.
or mobridge but there kinda expensive but thats all plug and play

1 - 6 of 6 Posts