Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the ipod integration set up in the car, but when i plug in the IPOD my navigation screen is blank and i can only change the songs by the steering wheel is there any way that i can get it to show up on the navi screen instead? :confused:

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,863 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Some pointers that will help you (and us). Placing the year and model of your car in your profile, and at least the continent you live on, will help us to answer your questions. Some folks who use a car's model as their screen name do not drive that kind of car.

Second, please be a bit more specific about the equipment you are questioning. Is your iPod integration Original Equipment (OE), or is it a 3rd party add-on? Do you get any kind or readout of song title? If so, where? Do you have COMAND or Audio 50 (both have navigation displays).

Third, learn to use the search tool. If you had, you'd have gotten your answer quickly. Whatever the answer is in this case, it has been posted before.

Assuming you have the MB/Apple OE iPod kit, you will see song titles and be able to make selections only by reference to the instrument cluster screen. They will not appear on the COMAND or Audio 50 (nav) screen.

If you have an older car with a D2B data bus and a 3rd party Dension Gateway 500 kit, you would get absolutely no song title display at all, except on the iPod itself.

If you have a newer car and a Dension Gateway 500 or a DICE integration kit for MOST bus, you would get song titles on the COMAND display but only track number (for the time being) on the instrument cluster display. You would not get song titles on the Audio 50 display.

Guessing that you have a new U.S. specification C350 ES with the OE MB/Apple iPod integration kit, and a COMAND or Audio 50 unit and assuming that you see song titles on the instrument cluster display, what you see is normal, and there is nothing you can do currently to get the titles on the COMAND or Audio 50 display.

If you can change song titles with your steering wheel controls, you should be able to change them with the COMAND controls as well - at least in COMANDs through the 2006 model year. I don't know for sure if you can do this with the '07 and later COMANDs. However, being able to change the songs with COMAND buttons still won't show the titles on the COMAND display.

But it would be better if we didn't have to guess.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts