Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
CLK430
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just read that Mercedes is introducing seamless integration of the IPOD into the 06 M-Class, yes I'm behind on the news. The radio looks the same as the one in the 05 CLK500. Anyone had any luck fitting a w208 with a 2005 w209 radio? I know one of you wiring geniuses out there can answer this question! If I could get that radio to work with the steering wheel and dispay, it's just a matter of ordering the integration kit later in the year! That would be totally awesome!
Here is the radio I'm speaking of:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1193390&posts=2&fid=27

·
Registered
2004 SLK32 AMG
807 Posts
From the MBUSA site
For which vehicles is the solution available?
The iPod Integration Kit for Mercedes-Benz will initially be available for the newly redesigned 2006 M-Class SUV. Market availability for additional Model Year 2005 and 2006 Mercedes-Benz vehicles will also follow: C-Class, CLK-Class, E-Class, SLK-Class (vehicles equipped with COMAND system only), R-Class, CLS-Class.

I know I saw a real compatibiility chart some place but I don't remember where. You should probably check out the Audio and Telematics forum.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
DanStubbs - 4/29/2005 10:57 AM

Well I just read that Mercedes is introducing seamless integration of the IPOD into the 06 M-Class, yes I'm behind on the news. The radio looks the same as the one in the 05 CLK500. Anyone had any luck fitting a w208 with a 2005 w209 radio? I know one of you wiring geniuses out there can answer this question! If I could get that radio to work with the steering wheel and dispay, it's just a matter of ordering the integration kit later in the year! That would be totally awesome!
Can remove all of the wiring in your car and replace it with W209 2005 wiring. Total cost will exceed the value of your car but if you want it done its no problem.

·
Registered
CLK430
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well here is Steve's take on the issue:

The thing behind the ipod integration is NOT wether the radio is comaptible BUT is wether the CANBUS system is able to support the ipod integration.

The MB ipod kits get connected through the AUX in of the audio system and hook into CANBUS in order to b e controleable from the steering wheel. The headunit will not show any ipod info as it will be in AUX mode...the instrument cluster is the only display to come up with ipod info...the 208 cluster definitely is NOT compatible with that.

Your best bet id the dension icelink that replaces the CD changer and that makes the ipod function as a CD changer...operateable from the headunit.

***please leave the string of mails attached in your reply***

greetingz from the Netherlands,

Steve Krabbenborg

www.MBenzNL.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts