Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after receiving an e-mail from mercedes hyping the new ipod kits, i called my dealer to inquire about purchasing and installation and all i got was a, "duh..if you got a part number we can install it." he then called back a few days later and told me that it was due out in April but would only work with '05s with MOST. i'm not really sure what "MOST" is. does anyone know how i can tell if my '05c230 has it?

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
sounds good, that may be the [only] reason i even consider buying the iPod.....even though i still dont know what "MOST" is

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
MOST replaces the old DB2 interface for the fiber loop. Nothing that will make much of a difference to you other than a DB2 fiber CD changer, phone, radio, amp won't work on a 2005 as much as a MOST cd changer, radio, phone, amp won't work on a pre-2005. For those with pre-2005 cars, Dension Icelink is the way to go for iPod integration into the DB2 fiber loop.

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
ok, what what this whole "revolutionary" marketing scheme is saying is: "all i gotta do is provide the iPod, and the dealer can install/provide the correct setup/kit for me" even if my '05 was made pre-April of this year (when the new kits are gonna be released)

i must have read it wrong, i was thinking that this was gonna be a mid-year refreshment or factory option for the '05s

·
Registered
C230 Coupe; 6 speed
53 Posts
Do you happen to know if it's possible to have both the IPOD integration and the CD changer on the 2005 C230? Mine came without the CD changer, and I'm trying to decide if I should add that or go to IPOD ... but if I can have >>both<< that would be the ultimate.

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
i have the cd changer in mine from the factory, and i am hoping the same thing as u...if not--i may just consider disconnecting the cd changer; or finding some way to "split/splice" the cables so that i can have them both hooked up simultaneously

·
Registered
2005 C230 Kompressor
7 Posts
Any Luck?

Have any of you guys had the ipod integration kit installed in your C230's yet? I'm in the same boat and would like to install one in my 2005 C230 Kompressor too. Any feedback on how it works, how much it cost you, etc?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I do not have it, but have seen it done in cars with the CD changer. I dont think it will be a problem. I was quoted 299.99 for the kit, is everyone else getting the same price?

·
Registered
'07 C-230 Sport, '04 ML 320, '88 SL 560
33 Posts
ive got it on my 07, its very helpful!
the ipod screen shows upon your hud and you can control it with the buttons on the steering wheel.
*borat impression* Ni ice!:p

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just bought a 07 C230 with the Ipod kit factory installed. The instruction book says that in order to change playlist you use the phone answer and hang up button on the wheel. I have tried it and it dosnt work. It says no fuction... If anyone has any idea please let me know...Thanx...ps. what does the "s" and "c" button do next to the gear shifter...as you can see I'm new at this

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
the s = sport, and the c = comfort...it adjusts the transmission's aggressiveness and shift points according to your driving stlye.

·
Registered
2007 Iridium Silver C230, 19x8.5 Mandrus Regenmeister's, Sport Grille, Flat Hood Emblem, 20% Tint
79 Posts
NyBenz820 said:
I just bought a 07 C230 with the Ipod kit factory installed. The instruction book says that in order to change playlist you use the phone answer and hang up button on the wheel. I have tried it and it dosnt work. It says no fuction... If anyone has any idea please let me know...Thanx...ps. what does the "s" and "c" button do next to the gear shifter...as you can see I'm new at this
The iPod accessability through the steering controls is an uphill battle that a lot of us are fighting. I read in a thread somewhere that the dealer has to program the car to allow the use of the phone controls in conjunction with the iPod if you don't have the Nav or phone pre-wiring. I read that little manual they give you and tried everything they say and all I can do is advance a song or go back a song. I tried taking off the shuffle feature on my iPod, resetting it to the main menu then starting my car, nothing. As for S/C modes think of it this way, leave it in S for favorable weather conditions, i.e. temps above freezing, minimal to no rain. Use the C mode when the weather gets bad, i.e. snow, heavy rain. What the S does is allow the trans to start from 1st gear and run all the way to redline before shifting. The C mode only allows the car to shift down as low as 2nd gear to eliminate wheelspin on takeoff or under accelerating downshifts, and also does not allow the motor to rev to redline before shifting.

·
Registered
'12 E350 w/pano roof
82 Posts
Has any new info regarding the iPod integration kit surfaced since the last post from April '07 or has anyone had this done recently? I just called MBZ of Long Beach and they quoted me $350 for the kit or $823 installed. Fletcher Jones told me $2500 which I'm sure is incorrect. All the other local dealers sent me to voicemail when I called for a price. Can anyone recommend an installer in the LA area cheaper than the dealer? Or is the consensus to go with an aftermarket kit instead?

·
Registered
2003 Mercedes Benz E 500 and 2006 Mercedes Benz ML 500
3 Posts
I own a very low mileage 2003 Mercedes Benz E500, and I have successfully installed the factory Ipod integration kit available for my vehicle for about $80, so far it works great with the steering wheel commands. Installation was not that challenging.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts