Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Mercedes iPod integration kit option in my 2007 R320 has what I feel is a major software omission.

"Shuffle" is missing if a "Playlist" is selected, whereas "shuffle" is available in every other mode: artist, album, genre.

The result is when a playlist is selected, the tracks are played in the same order every time, grouped by album.

In fact if "shuffle" is set in the iPod prior to connecting it to the integeration interface, the MB software turns off the iPod's internal shuffle setting.

Based on your experience, what are the chances MB will provide an update to the iPod software? I've written to them about it.

·
Registered
ML350
686 Posts
MBOW said:
The Mercedes iPod integration kit option in my 2007 R320 has what I feel is a major software omission.

"Shuffle" is missing if a "Playlist" is selected, whereas "shuffle" is available in every other mode: artist, album, genre.

The result is when a playlist is selected, the tracks are played in the same order every time, grouped by album.

In fact if "shuffle" is set in the iPod prior to connecting it to the integeration interface, the MB software turns off the iPod's internal shuffle setting.

Based on your experience, what are the chances MB will provide an update to the iPod software? I've written to them about it.
i wouldnt consider it likely... the actual ipod kit is manufactured by a mercedes integrator/supplier rather than mercedes themselves. the kit moldule can theoretically be reprogrammed but it would need to be removed from the vehicle to do so.

what is more likely is that a newer version will be released at some point in the future and you might be able to get them to switch to the newer unit if you complain enough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts