Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
ML 55, ML 430, S500
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CLS63 IPOD Kit has a problem. When the IPOD is plugged in, it shows the Mercedes symbol on the IPOD screen but there is no sound and none of the car controls work and there is no indication in the cluster. Only when the IPOD is partially plugged in (jack is only pushed in partially and on an angle) does the music play thru the cars sound system, but none of the car controls work and nothing is shown in the cluster.

Anyone else experience this kind of problem?

Help, any ideas as what might be wrong? I am stumpted and I can't find any similar problems when searching the forum.

·
Registered
2007 CLS320, 1998 E300TD estate, 2001 Ducati 996SPS, 1981 Moto Guzzi Spada
183 Posts
Hi.
No help, but I have very similar. When plugged in, Merc symbol on ipod, plays music, but no controls, & cant control via ipod direct either

·
Registered
2007 CLS320, 1998 E300TD estate, 2001 Ducati 996SPS, 1981 Moto Guzzi Spada
183 Posts
Found the answer I think - there are no iPod controls on the Comand, you have to use the multifuction wheel 'menus' button to find the iPod, then you have a simple up/down to scroll through the tracks. Not very clever I know when you have several thousand, but I think thats as far as it goes

·
Registered
5 Posts
IPOD Integration Kit Instructions

Search for the instalation instruction. Are available a step by step installation instruction with photos. You need to do some wiring changes in the original conecting plugs on the trunk. I could send you a PDF.

·
Registered
ML 55, ML 430, S500
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did anyone ever get the install instructions that Laviles referred to....I still have the problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts