Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just got an SLK 2007 with a 5 CD changer sitting in the glove box connected to an Audio 20. I'm accustomed to using an iPod Classic for in-car songs and was doing the track-jump stuff etc on the iPod itself.

What I'd like to do is take the CD changer out and put a connector in (the glove box?) for the iPod, so that I can take out the iPod and use it elsewhere. I'd also like to try to do the track-jump/selection stuff through the Audio 20. I've been reading the iPod/CD discussions on here and don't really understand what I need to do to make the change-over. :confused:

When I asked MB about this, they looked a bit blank as if I was asking for extremely advanced technology that was beyond them - surely not?

Can someone talk me through this in simple terms please - 'aux' cables and 'kits' are terms that I understand but I need to know exactly what sort and what they are meant to do.

·
Registered
2005 CL65 AMG, 2007 Ferrari F430
790 Posts
Do a google search for iTronic Audio and you will find what you are looking for. There may be other ideas people can suggest too.

·
Registered
SLK350 6MT, Kenwood Nav, MTec HID, smartop
55 Posts
Depends on your budget. The Audio20 doesn't have an Aux input.

Simple RF modulator-no control $60-100

CD changer emulator-$300-$500. Can change playlist, songs. Fair integration

Swap out head unit for aftermarket- $600 without nav-2k with nav

Swap to Ntg 2.5 ? 3k or more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts