Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 350SLK
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I am getting deperate now. Because there appears to be very little or no solutions, I may have to go with an iPOD and an i-Trip thingie to transmit over the FM radio [V]. Has anyone tried this device? Does it work with our cars?

Alternatively, and if any one knows for sure that MB will come out with an MP3 changer that will work with our cars, I can wait for that if it not too long? I considered the NEO changer, but I heard they are of poor quality......

HELP!

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
I have an iTrip (bought for my Explorer) and they are poor at best. It is in a box in the closet if you want to buy it. If you can find a completely empty frequency (which you can't in Atlanta and probably not in Chicago) the SQ is horrible, having the worst of FM qualities combined with compressed music transmitted through a $10 radio station.

Why not just use the AUX plug and hook it directly? Also the iPod kit is almost available (if you have Command).

·
Registered
2005 SLK350
49 Posts
I have been using the Monster iplay and it is ok except as I drive down the freeway i am constantly changing frequencies as it seems to be ok for a while then static creepes in... It really gets annoying, so I am having a comand put in mine next week.

·
Registered
2005 350SLK
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So basically save on the iPOD and i-Trip and maybe changes the entire system for a high end Alpine. Problem is, even a high end double din will not fit in the slot [:(!]

Do I have to buy a Command 50 unit to install an iPOD? It would probably cost a LOT OF MONEY[}:)]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts