Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 GL and have been unable to connect my 3G iphone to the bluetooth interface module. When I connect the phone to the ipod connection it tells me that it is not supported. The phone does not seem to see the module and Command does not find the phone when it is searching. Has anyone successfully connected?

·
Registered
2005 CLK 500
2 Posts
I have read a liitle about mOb Bluetooth-MB and Dice I-Most-MD ipod interfaces. Does any one have any experience with these? The are pricey but appear to be very functional.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I also have a 2007 GL450 and the original Bluetooth puck Model# B6 787 5839 which was the only "puck" available when I took delivery of my 07 in June 2006 did not work with my iPhone 3G. I did alot of research and had to buy the new model bluetooth puck
Model # B6 787 5878. This will solve your problem. Remove your "puck" and check the part number.

·
Registered
2007 GL450 2003 S55 1992 500E
128 Posts
agree
I have a 3G in an 08 works fine..now it does not charge on the ipod connection

I had the same problem and on the recommendation of another benzworld member, bought this off ebay:

Scosche iPhone 3G IFWA Passport for Charging Adapter

$23. It's a very small, simple adaptor. Now my iphone charges with the ipod connector, but I still can't control the ipod functions in my iphone.

-qcar

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for the Scoshie tip, my 3G now charges again...and plays music via Ipod connection cable. However, still having phone signal and hands free sound quality problems.

·
Registered
2007 GL450 2003 S55 1992 500E
128 Posts
Thanks for the Scoshie tip, my 3G now charges again...and plays music via Ipod connection cable. However, still having phone signal and hands free sound quality problems.
Mine plays music, but I can't control my iphone's ipod through the car's system. In other words, if I turn on a song on my iphone and plug it into the cable then it plays through the car's speakers, but I can't select another song, etc.

Do you have full function through the car's controls? If so, how?

Thanks,
qcar

·
Registered
49 Posts
gcar: You should be able to control the song selection via steering wheel controls. First make sure Ipod is selected (far left selector at 9 o'clock position on steering wheel), then use the selector just to the right of it to select song. Remember, to do this you must have the Ipod accessory selected in Command and the instrument cluster display must also show Ipod. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts