Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 C300 Sport Sedan, 4MATIC, Multimedia, Nav, PanoRoof, Black/Black
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I know there are many people with an iPhone that still can't get their contacts loaded. I certainly don't want to start yet another thread about how to do this (please use the search function instead) but I did want to provide a little tip. This doesn't have to prevent you from voice dialing.

Since the iPhone iOS 4 does have native voice dialing capability (I think it's actually 3.1 and above), your contacts don't have to be loaded into the car to use voice dialing. Pair your phone to the car as you normally would. Then, while driving press and hold the home screen of your iPhone for 3-5 seconds, and say "Call Mom." Even though your contacts are not loaded in COMAND, this still works well. Instead of pressing the voice control on the steering wheel to make a voice call, you can press and hold the home button on your iPhone to make a voice call (and can be easily done without taking your eyes off the road.)

I'm certainly not suggesting that this makes up for not seeing your contacts on the screen, or navigating to contact addresses, etc., so don't flame me... I'm just sharing a little tip for those that aren't aware. Happy driving.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I do like this Tip. What would be really nice was if I could just press an hold a button in the Mercedes to activate bluetooth voice control on the iphone and keep phone in my pocket.

You can do this with Bluetooth headset. Once a bluetooth headset is paired, you can press an hold the call button on the earpiece. It'll trigger the iphone's voice control and use the headset mic to transmit the command to the phone. All while the phone is in pocket.

I wish I could press and hold the 'dial' button on the car and have it work the same way through the car's mic and speakers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Good tip! Unfortunately I connect my iPhone using the iPhone interface most of the time when I'm driving... and guess where the connector cable location is... :(

·
Registered
2009 C350
19 Posts
Helpful hint, as long as phone is near me to press the button, it works well, speaking into normal audio equipment. Thanks for sharing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts