Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
89 560 SEC US
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im cerberus128128(aka stephen). I am 17 and i bought a 89 560SEC. Comming from a family with benzs , my father had the following:
300SDL drove it for 250,000+miles,
99 S500.
I always knew I wanted a SEC from a young age so, I saved up and bought this car about 5 months ago out of Massachusetts. I did the major service but it still needs a A/C compressor and other cosmetic things. Here are a few pics for ya

·
Registered
1993 300TE, 1995 E320 Wagon
1,895 Posts
Congrats- she looks to be in fine shape. I like the wood shifter and the clear corners. And the dog.

Couple of quick suggestions off the top, just because I noticed...

Flush your coolant and replace with Zerex G-05 or MB coolant. These cars don't want the green stuff.

Also, your SLS reservoir is a bit low-- you might want to bring the level up an inch or so. Fluid is available from AutohausAZ (amongst lots of other places):
Your Parts Search Returned 1 Part(s)

Welcome to the forum!! Hope you have a long and happy driving relationship with this car!

·
Registered
89 560 SEC US
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you I will do that. :thumbsup: also i am having a problem with my rear. when i accelerate up a up hill RIGHT hand turn at 25mph or lower, the revs build and all of a sudden it engages but only at slow speeded up hill right hand turns. Any idea of the problem? :confused:

·
Registered
1993 300TE, 1995 E320 Wagon
1,895 Posts
I had something similar a couple of years ago. Mine happened to be low on fluid (a quart or so? Can't quite remember). Anyway, did your major service include a trans fluid/filter? I'd suggest this right off the bat-- in fact, do ALL the fluids and filters-- power steering, oil, trans, differential, even the SLS hydraulic oil. It might not really be needed, but it's a good idea to make it a "baseline" so that you know what's been done, and how long you have till the next fluid service. That is of course unless you have some good service records from the previous owner(s). You can do a good deal of this yourself (all of it is pretty easy) if you have a tight budget. There are many DIY guides on this forum (use the crunky-but-serviceable search function).

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
17,704 Posts
Hmm she's pretty. Nice under the bonnet too. Welcome.

·
Registered
Euro 1985 500SEL
1,498 Posts
That's a really awful looking coupe..and you shouldn't punish yourself by driving it..so I will be happy to accept it as a gift in order to help you out. :D

Congrats bud..and welcome to the madness! :)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 1987 300SEL
168 Posts
Nice coupe :D

I'm 18 driving a 300SEL, wanted to get exactly what you have but my country's rules are, until you are 22 you cant have v8's or turbo's.

What a shame indeed...

Enjoy the car! :D

·
Registered
'90 560 SEL RUF 42,000m, '90 560 SEL RUF 56,000m, '90 560 SEL RUF 150,000m '90 560 SEC RUF 225,000m
12 Posts
Stephen, she's beautiful. (Nice Rotty too). Are those ht leads correct? what's the mileage? I got into my first w126 (380 SEC) when I was your age, and have never bought a non-126 since. Welcome to the addiction.

·
Registered
89 560 SEC US
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stephen, she's beautiful. (Nice Rotty too). Are those ht leads correct? what's the mileage? I got into my first w126 (380 SEC) when I was your age, and have never bought a non-126 since. Welcome to the addiction.
Thank you very much it has 112,893miles on it. also what do you mean about the HT leads?

·
Registered
89 560 SEC US
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had something similar a couple of years ago. Mine happened to be low on fluid (a quart or so? Can't quite remember). Anyway, did your major service include a trans fluid/filter? I'd suggest this right off the bat-- in fact, do ALL the fluids and filters-- power steering, oil, trans, differential, even the SLS hydraulic oil. It might not really be needed, but it's a good idea to make it a "baseline" so that you know what's been done, and how long you have till the next fluid service. That is of course unless you have some good service records from the previous owner(s). You can do a good deal of this yourself (all of it is pretty easy) if you have a tight budget. There are many DIY guides on this forum (use the crunky-but-serviceable search function).
thank you so much for the info. I have grown it collector cars in the family so anything "cool" as a pracaution we change certian fluids once a year and once every two years if they need it or not. it may be over kill but its protection for our "investments" thanks every one for the welcoming :)

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
17,704 Posts
Nice coupe :D

I'm 18 driving a 300SEL, wanted to get exactly what you have but my country's rules are, until you are 22 you cant have v8's or turbo's.

What a shame indeed...

Enjoy the car! :D
Nothin wrong with a nice 300SEL. Its an S class!

·
Registered
1989 300SE (Rear Ended & Junked) 1995 E420, Fully Loaded with Ortho Seats & Rear Sun Shade :)
511 Posts
Beautiful car. Change the headlights & the wipers to Euros & you'll have a killer on your hands, not that you don't have :)

Cheers

·
Registered
85 AMG 500SEC (Euro), 86 560SL, 73 450SLC, 92 500SEL, 98 S420, 2000 S430, 2001 S500 Designo
32 Posts
Kristov,

What country is it that doesn't allow you to drive a V8 until you reach 22?

Don

·
Registered
1989 560SEC
2,057 Posts
cerberus128128,

Welcome aboard!!! Your car looks like its in great shape. Mine was bone stock when I got it 2 years ago with a few more tasteful mods to come. It's the C126 is an addiction where there is no cure. That's a good thing.

Mike

·
Premium Member
Daily: 2000 Kleemann Supercharged CLK 430. Seductress: 1988 Jap AMG SEC Widebody
1,201 Posts
Stephen: Welcome to our little slice of heaven. From meeting you at the Great Falls Cars & Coffee, and seeing your beautiful 560 in person, I can tell you are a true SEC enthuisiast down to the core.

This site is an awesome resource for info and a great place to meet fellow addicts. Have fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
1988 560 sel,2011honda pilot 4wd ,08 gti the baby,91 190 2.6(sold) NA 95 volvo 855T wagonTurbo (DD)
245 Posts
Nice car enjoy the ride!!!

·
Registered
89 560 SEC US
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Stephen: Welcome to our little slice of heaven. From meeting you at the Great Falls Cars & Coffee, and seeing your beautiful 560 in person, I can tell you are a true SEC enthuisiast down to the core.

This site is an awesome resource for info and a great place to meet fellow addicts. Have fun.
thanks marko maby ill post some pics of the 308 and the countach... aslo do you know if Cars and coffee is over?

·
Premium Member
Daily: 2000 Kleemann Supercharged CLK 430. Seductress: 1988 Jap AMG SEC Widebody
1,201 Posts
thanks marko maby ill post some pics of the 308 and the countach... aslo do you know if Cars and coffee is over?

Officially yes, but some people will still show up until the 7A.M. temps become unbearable.

·
Registered
89 560 SEC US
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

here are your pics marco!
here are the pics of our other cars

1 - 20 of 23 Posts