Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Mercedes C180 Kompressor W203.046
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening, my name is Jonas and I am from Northern Germany. My brother Jacob (littlejcb) already made his entrance with his introduction to his W211 and recommended me this forum due to its activity as well as in-depth knowledge and explanations available. I'm looking forward to contributing to this community with the limited knowledge that I have and absorbing so much new information.

I'm 27 years old, currently living in a small village between Hamburg and Lübeck and have been interested in cars my whole life. My car history is understandably rather similar to Jacob's. While my W203 C-class is my first own car, I drove a 1992 W124 230E for the first five years of my driving life until it was sadly replaced with the S211 E220 CDI that still serves as a trusty, reliable car for my parents and for us if we need some more space in the trunk.

Now, to my car. It belonged to my grandfather for most of its life. It was built in 2006 and he bought it in 2007 or early 2008 as a replacement for his VW Golf Mk. 3. I was used to our W124 at the time when the W203 came to our family so even though we loved our good old 124, the W203 was interesting and always fun to ride along because it just felt quite new.
Fast forward to 2018, my grandfather has started to suffer from dementia and eventually had to withdraw from driving. It was then gifted to me as I just planned to move out at the time and I could use a car. What a first car, I thought! The car has suffered a bit due a few minor collisions, it seems. So from the outside, the car is not quite the beauty as you can see on the pictures. I'm not a naturally gifted mechanic by any means. I'm an IT engineer and have extensive technical interest but actually fixing things on cars is something that I needed to grow in to and of course still am. In that department, Jacob is way more fearless in just getting into things and trying but we often do things together, which motivates us both, I think. Apart from it just being good fun. ;-)

What can I say about my car?
I received it with about 170.000 kilometres on the odometer, I think. Now it has around 217.000kms and apart from general maintenance (and a replaced timing chain and camshaft adjusters) it didn't need a lot of attention. I replaced the original steering wheel from the Classic edition with a used leather steering wheel because the old one was really worn and not nice to handle anymore. The Audio 20 radio has been replaced with an Android radio serving me with Apple Car Play capability which added a lot to the "infotainment system".
Even though I'm looking forward to move on to a W220 Facelift in the next two years, maybe, I just love how reasonable the C180 Kompressor is. It's got great gas mileage for an older gasoline engine (I drive it unter 7 liters per 100km, which is about 33 MPG US) and is absolutely okay equipped. Sure, park distance control would be nice, but it does have the Automatic gearbox, heated seats... it is a humble car with family history and I don't see myself selling it yet (or at all). ;)

After the following data card, I will link some photos from different times, the latest one would be the in front of the garage of a friend (with an Audi TT) where we switched to the 15 inch rim winter wheels.

FIN WDB2030461F871120
Model C 180 Kompressor
Engine 271946 30 826588
Transmission 722695 06 637105
Order Number 0 5 278 83840
Order Location AUTHORITIES SALES
Production Number 1528312
Interior FABRIC - BLACK/ANTHRACITE (011A)
Paint 1 CUBANITE SILVER - METALIC (723U)
Release Date 2006-09-19
Delivery Date 2006-10-05
Code Description
010A FABRIC
011A FABRIC - BLACK/ANTHRACITE
202B OWNERS MANUAL AND SERVICE RECORD - GERMAN
229L GERMANY
250B MOBILO LIFE/EUROPE SERVICE PACKAGE
260 TYPE DESTINATION ON TRUNK LID - ELIMINATION
260B AIRBAGLABEL - GERMAN/ENGLISH
287 THROUGH-LOADING FEATURE
2XXL FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF GERMANY