Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1972 250C Coupe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everybody. I'm Peter. First time on any forums. My dad passed away and left a 1972 250C in the middle if restoration. Trying to complete the project. Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm really looking forward to this experience. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good morning everybody. I'm Peter. First time on any forums. My dad passed away and left a 1972 250C in the middle if restoration. Trying to complete the project. Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm really looking forward to this experience. Thanks again guys.

Welcome Peter!.I'm new on here to.....

my weekly metal work blog The Metal Surgeon: Automotive Restoration | Handcrafted and Custom Automotive Restoration

.......know whats under your paint.....

·
Registered
1972 250C Coupe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would you happen to know where I could get a spoiler kit for it? I also need the rubber seals for the doors and windows.

·
Registered
1970 250c, 300e amg
446 Posts
sorry for the loss of your dad. one thing is for sure though, he had great taste. i love my car. as for the rubber, try Adsit, they have all the rubber. you could also try ebay. good luck buddy

·
Registered
1972 250C Coupe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Madman. Yeah I can't wait until it all comes together. I'm looking forward to putting in the hours more than I am to the final outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Sorry for the loss but congrats on the gain of a vintage benz. In addition to adsit, mercedessource.com, autohausaz.com, and parts.com are all retailers I've used with satisfaction. Just make sure to stay away from brands like URO parts, febi if possible, hamburg technic, etc. Those companies might not make as much for your car since it's older, but the w126 chassis parts market is inundated with that crap. Chances are you'll be buying a lot more rubber parts than just the seals, unless your dad already got to the suspension, and those companies tend to make very poor rubber products, (seals, ball joints, etc) in addition to other things. There are also quite a few "junkyard rats" on here, as some call them, who can get you pretty much any used part you can think of. Also it'd help for certain things if you filled out your profile as to your rough whereabouts and your car model so you don't have to repeat it every time. Welcome.

·
Registered
1972 250C Coupe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appreciate the help Sam. I'll be sure to update my profile ASAP

·
Registered
1998 SL500, 1959 220S, 1970 280SL
777 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dad and best wishes for carrying on with the coupe.

For door and window seals, IMO it's worth paying the price for the genuine Mercedes stuff. If your local dealer doesn't want to mess with parts for older cars, the Classic Center will be happy to help you.

It's a good idea to sign up for the free Mercedes Electronic Parts Catalog at

http://www.startekinfo.com

·
Registered
1972 250C Coupe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome, advice, and the lead, ctaylor. I really appreciate all the help & support you guys are giving me. Looks like I made the right choice by signing up for this forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts