Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short might be willing to sell my 425/75R20 XM-47's, As of right now I'm only seeing intrest on them thats why there not in the for sale section. They got maybe 20 rides on them 95% on snow so they are basicaly brand new no tread wear. Still got the michelin man on the treads, One of the best tires ever made for unimog, price is going up every year! Tell me what your thinking, and maybe I'll let them go. I looking into getting some cheaper tires on the mog and some new bigger tires for my jeep. Thanks

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Check the load ratings on those Baja Claws.
I have NOT looked but they may not be heavy duty enough for a loaded Mog.

(edit)
They are Load Range E (LT-class) at best

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
The claws IIRC are just barely suitable according to the numbers for a larger mog. So are some swampers.

After some discussion with the tire techs at Interco, these ratings are very conservative and subjective in some areas.

For Snow Mogs 406, any of them should be fine I would think.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Pretty funny......our growing tire business is primarily coming from guys going AWAY from the Interco/Crawler type tires and wanting the load capacity, ride quality, and longevity of the Unimog tires on their 1 ton plus trucks.

Is Interco back in production. I know they had issues when they shipped there molds to China then got hammered with the new rubber tax......or something along those lines.

Cheers,

Scott

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Interco is back in production. They have released some new sizes and a few more are coming soon. I spent about an hr talking to them about the rubber issues. Kinda screwed up and it's more about supply and demand leading to crazy stupid natural rubber prices. I never would have thought it would be that complicated and I guess I had no idea companies like Goodyear run private plantations and such.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm thinking of puting some 46" baja claws or 47 Pit bull growlers on, as I only use the truck a few times a year in deep snow. Its a waste of a great mog I know! but I'm too busy and just never have any spare time anymore.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
FWIW I just sold a set of 425 XM's with about the same or possibly less mileage for $4,000, mounted on some disc rims. It took me a while to finally get someone to let go of the cash, although there was quite a bit of interest. I don't think the rims actually added much value in this particular situation. The list price is in the $1,500- 1,600 neighborhood each for the 425's.

Cheers,
Ben

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll have to sleep on it, I know I would need more than 4g these have almost zero street miles on them.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
The set I had only had 15 miles total on them. If I had shelled out the cash to buy them new I would never had let go of them for that price, but in my case they came on the truck when I traded for it and were too big to run on a 1200 with a loader mounted on the front and 3K of ballast on the rear.

Cheers,
Ben

1 - 14 of 14 Posts