Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
C220 Sport - 2015
8 Posts
Hello everyone ( new guy here ) question. is there a way to pair my Iphone 6 hotspot to my cars system ? (using my phones data plan )

thank you
No experience of iphones but with an Android you can tether the phone to comand online and then access the internet via the comand online system using the phones data plan. The comand online system can then also act as a hot-spot so other devices in the car can access the internet via the phone and its data plan.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hello everyone ( new guy here ) question. is there a way to pair my Iphone 6 hotspot to my cars system ? (using my phones data plan )

thank you
No experience of iphones but with an Android you can tether the phone to comand online and then access the internet via the comand online system using the phones data plan. The comand online system can then also act as a hot-spot so other devices in the car can access the internet via the phone and its data plan.
No we have been thought this multiple times. This is not possible.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Before they ask again the provider for the car internet and telephony system is Verizon.:wink

·
Registered
C220 Sport - 2015
8 Posts
No we have been thought this multiple times. This is not possible.
I hate to disagree but I have done it, tethered my Android phone using USB Tethering and then accessed the Internet both via comand online and a PC via the MB Hot spot.

Note my location "South England" from some of the posts here it would appear that you may be in the USA where things could be different, but if you don't publish your location (at least the country) you can't expect to get country specific advice, rather you will only get information on what others have achieved, which of course may or may not be possible where you are. So if you want country specific information please make it clear which country you are in.

If you are still in any doubt as to whether I did it or not I suggest you follow this link: http://moba.i.daimler.com/baix/cars/w205/cars/w205/en_GB/comand/subchapter_07_61.shtml to the online manual where you will find the requirements relating to the phone to be connected.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah, must be country dependent. Australia you can tether and share as well. I was testing it on the weekend, tethered via USB to a Galaxy S4. Our cars don't have the in-built SIM and mobile device (nor the emergency phone switches in the roof).

·
Registered
C220 Sport - 2015
8 Posts
Link doesn't work
Strange I cut and pasted it from the address bar, but yep your right. Try this one which is the top level link to the Comand Online manual, again cut and pasted from the address bar.

C-Class - Interactive Owner's Manual

The original link was for the "Conditions for access" section.

Just in case this doesn't work (although it did when I previewed it) here is a cut and paste of the section:

To use Mercedes-Benz Apps and Internet access, the following conditions must be fulfilled:

A mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth® or USB with COMAND Online.
The access data of the mobile phone network provider has to be set once for the mobile phone connected to the system more. If you use incorrect access data, additional costs may be incurred. This can happen when you use details that are different from the contract or details from another contract/data package.
If you use the telephone module for Internet functions, you require a SIM card in the telephone module or a Bluetooth®-capable mobile phone. Further information on how to connect a mobile phone to the module more or use a SIM card in the module more.
You need a valid mobile service contract with a data option, which is used to calculate the associated connection costs.

Conditions for a Bluetooth® connection

The mobile phone supports at least one of the Bluetooth® profiles DUN (Dial-Up Networking) or PAN (Personal Area Network).
The Bluetooth® profiles DUN and PAN enable the internet connection of the mobile phone to be made available to the system.

Conditions for a USB connection

The mobile phone supports at least one of the USB classes:
The USB classes enable the mobile phone Internet connection to be made available to the system.
RNDIS (Remote Network Driver Interface Specification)
CDC/NCM (Network Control Model)
CDC/ECM (Ethernet Control Model)
CDC/ACM (Access Control Model)

The terms of use are shown when the system is used for the first time and then once a year thereafter. Only read and accept the terms of use when the vehicle is stationary.
You can obtain more detailed information about suitable mobile phones on the Internet at Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth Connectivity or from your Mercedes-Benz Service Centre.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.