Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1985 300D Turbo
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am having troubles with my a/c in my car, and am rying to fix them.
ALl of the climate control buttons work when pushed--and when the normal setting is turned on I can hear a clicking from the engine that sound like the A?C compressor is turning on. At the minumun setting on the temp wheel, the air is lukewarm--not too cool not red hot. The heat worked fine in the winter--only it never shut off by itself. I replaced the temp sensor hose behing the govebox, but no effect--does the temp sensor effect both heat and A/C?
Then took out the temp sensor in the dash as I thought it might have a problem of some kind--and sure enough there was--the sensor was just a small nub--a portion had snapped off (i dont know how big it was originally)
The person I bught the car from said that it had a fresh freon charge--as such will getting a new temp sensor fix the prob?
Also-I tried the "match smoke test" on the temp sensor vetn--it doesnt seem to be suckong very much in--shouold i try a diferent hose?
thanks for your time and help

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
The temp sensor effects both heat and A/C, if fact the ACC (reading the temp sensor) will run the A/C then heat if needed to keep the cabin temp at the set/desired level. Yes, replacing the sensor and its air intake hose is the first step in addressing the problem. It’s possible the ACC unit is bad but see if the new sensor fixes the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts