Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My 2006 E350 used to play Sirius XM great! Now, it is constantly "updating" or "acquiring satellite", I have not heard a complete song in over a week! Any suggestions? My radio is factory installed and I live in Los Angeles (is that the problem? too much interference?)

·
Premium Member
'71 Pinto
4,370 Posts
If problem has not already corrected itself, disconnect receiver for several minutes (MOST Connector) then re-connect. If it starts working again the receiver “may” be the problem, current part # 2118706790. If not, check with SiriusXM.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2009 E350, 2007 E550, 2001 S500
180 Posts
I will be following this. Not trying to hijack your thread, but maybe my situation will help. My 2007 E550 Sirius radio played perfectly fine until a year ago. At that time it started doing the same thing, but only in warm/hot weather. It would play after starting the car, bus as soon as it warmed up it was done for the day. Now that winter is upon us, it plays perfectly fine. Sirius told me that I needed to have my satellite control module replaced. Since it is starting to warm uo again I ordered one off eBay for $45. It should be here this week and I will install it, but I won't really know if it fixes this problem until the temperature gets above 85 or so, but I still have some "Searching for signal" occurrences that I hope it corrects. I will let you know. This is the part that Sirius said I needed to replace.
Part # 211 870 67 90

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
685 Posts
Hi all,
My 2006 E350 used to play Sirius XM great! Now, it is constantly "updating" or "acquiring satellite", I have not heard a complete song in over a week! Any suggestions? My radio is factory installed and I live in Los Angeles (is that the problem? too much interference?)
where is your sat radio antenna? bump on top middle of trunk lid?

mine has acquiring issues when I am driving East next to >5 story buildings on my South. Meaning the birds are low and not overhead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts