Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started to explore this subject last year but before I figured out what was wrong summer was here and the top was down and I didn't given it anymore thought...however now winter is again on the doorstep and with a preganent wife I don't want to hear about "NO HEAT"! :)

So here's the deal...I've searched the threads and can't find anything to assist in correcting this issue. When the heat is on it will blow "normally" for a period of time and then the fans run full speed but it's like the air is blocked off suddenly and heat sort of 'seeps' out of the vents. Stopping the car, shutting down the system and restarting doesn't seem to help. The ONLY thing that really seems to help is put down the windows and allow the enterior to 'cool off' and like I said that just isn't going to work!

Any suggestions, ideas, help???????

·
Registered
745 Posts
CM,
Just what you need when Winter sets in-

I would do two things...1, With the engine running, take your climate control off AUTO to manual and push the ^ button for temperature and take it to it's max. If you get more heat consistently than you will ever need, the fault is most likely a thermovalve/monovalve is failing or has failed.

If you get no difference in consistent temp, go to the SL Forum home screen, and in the 4th 'blue sticky' you'll find the step x step instructions on how to put the CC unit into a diagnostic mode to pull stored DTCodes, and another test that helps you pull realtime values in your system along with benchmark values for comparison. Good Hunting-

·
Greek God of the R129
8,364 Posts
Look for A/C codes.
Do a search, we have the how's

First think that came to my mind was the vacuum distributor.

Working from memory....
The second and most likely, was the temperature sensor, located to some by the left foot well.
I think yours is located in the left duct, by the hand brake.
Others with your year can verify that.
Good luck with the pregnancy, hope this will keep the wife warm. :)

Before you do anything, CK the A/C filter.

Regards,
aam.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts