Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
06 White B200T
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, anyone with any cruise control problems? My cruise control sometimes suddenly stops working. I could be driving for for a while with everything ops normal and then after disengaging the cruise it won't resume or be able to be set again. If you turn the car off and back on, it starts working again. Sometimes even if it has not been turned on, I'll go to set it and it won't work. Any ideas?

Anthony

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
Does the ESP symbol flash when it kicks out?

·
Registered
B 180
11 Posts
I can only guess there might be a bad connection on the stalk. It really is a trip to the dealers and have them run a diagnostic on the ecu to see if there is any fault with the cruise control setup.
I just had an idea could be something tripping the system off like a hair trigger brake sensor that overrides the cruise control. Stiil advice is ask the dealer to take a look.

·
Registered
06 White B200T
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,

I had the same problems with my cruise control. When i had the problems also the LIMIT won't work anymore. After starting the car again, it worked again.

When doing maintanance, the garage tested the problem, and they changed the cruise control handle. costed about 200 euro !

I told them i find it a strange thing and could not believe that the handle would be the problem... But they told me it resets itself after restarting the car. and that they are shure that's the problem

They changed the handle 2 months ago, and since then no problems anymore.

with kind regards,
Stefan

·
Registered
see signature
4,017 Posts
Thanks for the info! The Canadian cars don't have the LIMIT function, unfortunately.

·
Registered
06 White B200T
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like I need a new cruise stock. I think I'll wait until it just stops working, so far, it's not that big of a deal.

Anthony

1 - 8 of 8 Posts