Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
SLK32/AMG and C240
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having occasional 'blips' with the gauges and the A/C in my 32. The gauges 'flash' and then stop working (everything returns to 0) and simultaneously the A/C stops. Lasts maybe 5 or 10 seconds and then everything works OK. This happens maybe every week or so.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? I figure it's useless to take it to the dealer until it dies for good.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
SLK32, ML430
6,349 Posts
Hell if it is still underwarranty take it in now. They may or may not be able to track down the problem but better now on your schedule than the cars.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320
68 Posts
I had the same problem with the A/C and it was really off for several minutes on a very hot day last summer. When I took it to the dealer and left it for a day, I was told that they could not duplicate the problem so they didn't do anything as the A/C was working fine. My fingers are crossed that it never happens again cause my car's warranty expired 6 months ago. As my brother tells me if the problem is intermittent, don't take it to the dealer as they'll probably check it once and if they don't see the problem then they'll tell you nothing's wrong. Sorry that I have to agree when you say that it's useless to take it to the dealer until it dies for good.

Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts