Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 560SL and 07 C280
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my car about 1 month ago and had the system charged with Freon 12. A/c works well and air is cold. Problem I have is that the blower stops blowing. The AC compressor will stay on, but there is no air from the vents. It can go for some time witrh the air blowing and it will suddenly just stop. When I start the car the blower sometimes work, sometimes it doesn't.

So my question is how do you tell if the problem is the switch or the blower? I had an 80 300SD with a similar problem and I replaced the carbons in the blower motor and took care of the problem. Is there a connector where you can check for power from the AC switch? If the problem is the switch, can you just dissasemble and clean or do you need a new one? Does the Klima control the blower? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1986 560SL with M120 V12 Engine, 1988 560SL Stock
10,235 Posts
More than likely the AC Control unit, (The switches on the console). But if all speeds are out including when you turn on defrost I would check the N29 blower control unit behind the glove box.

The photo is of a 560SL

Attachments

·
Premium Member
88 560SL and 07 C280
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comment. Before I venture there, what do I check for?. That is seated properly and the contacts are clean? Any continuity or resistance tests betwen connectors?
Are the connectors described in the wiring diagram? Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts