Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 SLK 320 and have had the usual interior problems (peeling paint, oh how you vex me!) I've also had the wood trim around the shifter (the outer piece) gradually peeling up around the edges. From time to time I've attempted to re-glue it down and thought I had the issue generally under control. I had to leave my car in airport parking for a week or so exposed to reasonable extremes of hot/cold. When I got back the edges were curled up quite a bit - enough so that when riding my dog around he put some weight on the edge and SNAP, it's now cracked and has a largish procedure broken completely off.

From the looks of it, this wouldn't be that hard to swap out (it's just the trim, the console seems fine) but I have yet to find a source for either an original part (new or used) that would match (dark wood), or some kind of trim kit that would replace it all (not my ideal choice, but I'd go for that if necessary.)

Any suggestions?

This is the part area, although pic is a 230 http://www.benzworld.org/forums/attachments/r170-slk-class/23115-how-remove-center-console-over-shifter-26_1270580_726200474448pm.gif

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I've left them a message. Hopefully they can help out. (The site is pretty sparse so hard to say.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts