Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 240D euro standard. After every rain the floor of the drivers side is wet with water that drips from under the dash down the clutch and brake pedal. I changed the windshield and installed new rubber seals. The air vent intake is clear and shows no sign of rust in the well. Does anyone have any idea where to look to solve this problem. I'm going to mildew soon. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Water sources

I'd look at everywhere anything passes through the bulkhead - wiring, control cables etc. If one of the rubber grommets has cracked up it could let water in.

·
Registered
280SL Pagoda, BMW318
98 Posts
couple of ideas

Can't think off hand if there are drains that need to be unplugged for the air intake in this model. I'd be checking in there. Also, check the rubber seals around the base of your wipers, that has been an area I've had leaks from before in an older Mercedes.

As a last resort, get under the dash with all the plastic covers off (so you can see) and get someone to squirt a light water spray from a hose around the lower windscreen area - you may be able to see where the water is coming from.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When it stops raining I'll give it a good once over by looking carefully at the firewall. ...

When it stops raining I'll give it a good once over by looking carefully at the firewall. Thanks for your response and suggestion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Similar problem....

Hello,

I have a 1984 300D and I've been experiencing a similar problem with my vehicle. Everytime it rains, I get a pool of water on the floor behind the driver's seat. My suspicion was that the drains in the moonroof were clogged. I snaked out the two front drains in the moonroof track, but the water leak still occurs.

Does anyone know if there are two corresponding drains in the rear of the moonroof track? I will check the other potential problem areas, as per the previous suggestions, but if anyone knows for sure if there are rear moonroof drains, please let me know. I'd greatly appreciate it. Though not mechanically damaging, this is a very annoying problem and I'd like to take care of it as soon as possible.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Dominic Aulisio
1984 300D

·
Registered
4 Posts
one more thing...

Also, where do the rear drains in the moonroof drain to? I know the front ones drain out through an opening in the front door, but where do the rear ones drain to? Perhaps I could attack the problem from that angle.

Also, I know there are drains located under the hood hinges, battery, and master cylinder. Can anyone tell me exactly where to look? While I'm at it, can anyone tell me where I can find a complete layout of my car, either printed out in a book our on a CD-Rom?

Thanks again.

Dominic Aulisio

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.