Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interior button releases but does not close. I can pull it to open, but it does not push (to close). The trunk mounted buttons open/close fine. My question: Is the interior button designed to push? Or do you have to pull it aain to activate the closing sequence. I can't push it so I'm guessing that it needs replacement. The vehicle is new to me. The manual states that I have to push it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Per the first illustration, the button is for opening only. Quite disappointed this closing feature was not included in this year of AMG (WDDDJ77X87A084699) Can you confirm for me using the vehicle number?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
According to data card this VIN should be equipped with optional remote trunk closing code 881 view marketing brochure here: http://www.auto-brochures.com/mercedes_benz.html perhaps a discussion with whomever you purchased from is in order.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good info. Do you think changing the button to a two-way type will work. The current button may have been a replacement part done error before I purchased the car. Otherwise I plan to pin-out the connector to see if it will activate the closing. At this point I'm assuming that the number of pins in the connector are the same for both versions of operation.
Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bought a used switch in preparation for this job. Upon removal of the original trunk switch I found it to be clogged with a hard brown material (food?). Cleaned it out and blew it with compressed air. It now opens/closes the trunk perfectly. Now onto replacing the rear shade (won't go down). Been trying to find a thread on the topic. Can you redirect me?

Hey other members,,,,,, I have a used trunk switch for sale. You just pay the shipping😊.

Thank you for your guidance Konigstiger!

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
Check f20 @ rear SAM (behind left trunk panel).

Try this. With the assistance of another person, apply gentle pressure to the scissor arms towards the center of the main cross bar. At the same time guide the main cross bar down. As the entire unit starts to collapse, it should go back inside fairly easily.

Bad motor, MB only offers roller blind assembly part # 2198100020 if replacement needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Konigstiger:
Quite a learning curve taking out the rear shelf. Spent about 40 minute figuring out how to "operate" the rear headrest release levers. After that, the other took 1 minute. Same issues with "raising the read shelf" to remove various items. I did take the time to paint the faded shelf and speaker screen back to flat black. No one will know but me

Well, I got the shade removed only to find that it worked ok when supplying independent 12V power. Checking the wiring found 12V, after a brief delay, when pushing the dash switch. Is this delay normal? Had to sometimes push the switch multiple times to get it to provide the 12V. BUT..... the shade does not move up/down. This applies to both the original and used shade I purchased.

Where do you think the problem is? The switch or maybe the relay? I don't think the switch is available separately (only as part of the lower dash switch assembly?)

Your thoughts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts