Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone email pictures of their 2001 E55 AMG interior leather seats. I am interested in the black/black only. I would also like to know if there is a difference if you got the ventilated verses the normal seats. I saw an E55 AMG at the dealer the other day and the seats looked the same as a regular E430. No special leather. What gives? Thanks!<p>GaryD<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi,<p>I have a 2001 E-55 with the ventilated seats but no photos at the moment. I was wondering the same thing. The seats I have have are perforated throughout. Is that the same as the non-ventilated models?<p>Rich<p><br>: Can anyone email pictures of their 2001 E55 AMG interior leather seats. I am interested in the black/black only. I would also like to know if there is a difference if you got the ventilated verses the normal seats. I saw an E55 AMG at the dealer the other day and the seats looked the same as a regular E430. No special leather. What gives? Thanks!<p>GaryD<br><p><br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in contact with Mercedes right now to get pictures and try to resolve this matter. If you look at the E catalog or on the internet, the two-tone seats have a premium napa leather. The black/black seats look the same in the E55 AMG as in the regular E class. This should not be true as the napa AMG leather is supposed to be the same as in the S class giving the E55 better quality leather seats. Since my car is about to be built and I just saw a new 2001 silver E55 AMG with Black/Black and preforations throughout that looked the same as a regular E class, I wanted to get clarification on this point. These seats were not ventiliated.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clarification on the Interior Seats of E55 AMG

Gary, I think only the optional designo and expresso series have the napa two-tone seats, the E55 comes with standard two-tone seats although with Multi-Contoured front seats which is an option for the regular E.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My seats are black/black and they are also ventiliated??

: I am in contact with Mercedes right now to get pictures and try to resolve this matter. If you look at the E catalog or on the internet, the two-tone seats have a premium napa leather. The black/black seats look the same in the E55 AMG as in the regular E class. This should not be true as the napa AMG leather is supposed to be the same as in the S class giving the E55 better quality leather seats. Since my car is about to be built and I just saw a new 2001 silver E55 AMG with Black/Black and preforations throughout that looked the same as a regular E class, I wanted to get clarification on this point. These seats were not ventiliated.<p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts