Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!
I've just bought a R170 steering wheel. I was just wondering whether they will fit on the W124?

Also, I found some very nice E500/500E rear seats from Japan. Are they a direct bolt-on to my W124? I assume the 500E seats are the same as 300E Sportline, so they should fit without too much of a hassle?

Cheers,
Jeff

·
Registered
2003 CL55 AMG
17 Posts
jeffreyli86 said:
Hey!
I've just bought a R170 steering wheel. I was just wondering whether they will fit on the W124?

Also, I found some very nice E500/500E rear seats from Japan. Are they a direct bolt-on to my W124? I assume the 500E seats are the same as 300E Sportline, so they should fit without too much of a hassle?

Cheers,
Jeff
They bolt straight in. You will need to buy the two little pockets that go between the seats and the doors, they are filler and also the roll top console if it did not come with the set you got. Otherwise there is only one cross bracket in the center that changes how the center seatbelts mount that you have to deal with.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Southern500 said:
They bolt straight in. You will need to buy the two little pockets that go between the seats and the doors, they are filler and also the roll top console if it did not come with the set you got. Otherwise there is only one cross bracket in the center that changes how the center seatbelts mount that you have to deal with.
Cheers!
I think the seats that I found come with the seatbelts mount, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone know anything about the R170 steering wheel fitting on a W124?

·
Registered
1995 E320
2,606 Posts
mercedes is (was!) good about using modular components, so it should fit.

but thats not definite

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
neanderthal said:
mercedes is (was!) good about using modular components, so it should fit.

but thats not definite
Cheers.
Don't know if this helps but I have friends who have fitted the same wheel to their R129 and W210 (early). I'm having my fingers crossed hehe..!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts