Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1999 SLK-230 Sport
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 SLK-230 Sport, brilliant silver metallic with anthracite interior. The center console has some scratches on it and I would like to get information on how to obtain the touchup paint for it. There are only a couple of spots and don’t need much. If any of you have paint for sale, I’ll be happy to reimburse.

·
Premium Member
1999 SLK230 Sport
2,713 Posts
So a search, there are MANY theads on this issue. Use keyword Viponds

·
Registered
1999 SLK-230 Sport
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks BBAP I should have thought of that myself. Just send an e-mail to [email protected]. The paint jobs that have been done look real good. Can hardly wait for mine. Thanks again, Harry

·
Registered
1999 SLK-230 Sport
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops...cheered too soon…just received the following message: Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:

[email protected]

Any other ideas appreciated. Thanks, Harry

·
Registered
SLK32 AMG
119 Posts
I ordered and received paint from viponds in the last week. It is sand/quartz 225 colour, and I am not that pleased with the colour match. It might be ok for a full section, but I touched up a scratch on the glovebox door and it sticks out like a sore thumb. It's better than it was, but at £23 I expected better. The fact that I only used 1 brush load means that I've got 199.99ml left out of 200ml so I could do the whole thing i suppose!

·
Registered
1999 SLK-230 Sport
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Billy610, that’s why I was hoping someone would sell me some of their leftover anthracite, rather than having to end up with a full can. I have not gotten a reply from Viponds but hoping for Monday.

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts
I ordered and received paint from viponds in the last week. It is sand/quartz 225 colour, and I am not that pleased with the colour match. It might be ok for a full section, but I touched up a scratch on the glovebox door and it sticks out like a sore thumb. It's better than it was, but at £23 I expected better. The fact that I only used 1 brush load means that I've got 199.99ml left out of 200ml so I could do the whole thing i suppose!
Couple of things "may" of contributed there.
Ensure paint fully mixed
Also fully clean area of any residual crud. Its amazing how colour changes when properly cleaned .

·
Registered
SLK32 AMG
119 Posts
Couple of things "may" of contributed there.
Ensure paint fully mixed
Also fully clean area of any residual crud. Its amazing how colour changes when properly cleaned .
I have a bit of experience with paint, so I did prep the area properly, wiped with alcohol, shook to bottle for about 4-5 minutes (yeah really!) let it settle and gave it the first coat. I then left it overnight and gave it the second coat. I tried to wash it out a bit by going well out of the area that was damaged, getting lighter as I went, but still it is way off the right shade.

Like I said, I'll probably remove the glovebox cover and do the whole thing. It is usually less noticable if the whole panel is a shade out due to the way light hits it.

It's really annoying as the blemish was less than the the size of a penny, and now it's a full panel to be done.

Hey-ho, these things are sent to try!

·
Registered
2003 SLK32 AMG
39 Posts
I have also repainted with Viponds. While the color match was good for me, I can't get the same lustre as the rest of the interior. I have tried 'Shine' and a number of other similar products but the finish remains dull.

·
Registered
99 SLK230
22 Posts
DR VINYL in PHOENIX

Ed is amazing. email me for his info. works out of south scottsdale. airbrushed the interior (2 tone beige/charcoal) and it looks AMAZING. About 150 but he'll quote you. My pleasure to refer you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts