Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im starting to build my 320 starting with the small stuff on the interior some of the red on the dash is scratched up and I wanna make it a bit nicer looking and plan to show this car next show season. So before I start doing anything I figured I would see if anyone is interested in any of the red that I have. Including the seats. Seats would only be a trade for all black seats. and dash pieces I dont care they are getting sueded over. let me know if anyone is interested.

Also the main reason for this post im wondering how the center console comes out I see two 10mm nuts I think in the rear of it. But where else are there screws/nuts/bolts whatever. I already have the glove box out and the rest of the right side lower red half out. Pics to follow

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are the Red and Black seats rear? or prolly not really? Did it ever come in a all black seat? I have no idea new to Mercedes, not new to German.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Hey guys im starting to build my 320 starting with the small stuff on the interior some of the red on the dash is scratched up and I wanna make it a bit nicer looking and plan to show this car next show season. So before I start doing anything I figured I would see if anyone is interested in any of the red that I have. Including the seats. Seats would only be a trade for all black seats. and dash pieces I dont care they are getting sueded over. let me know if anyone is interested.

Also the main reason for this post im wondering how the center console comes out I see two 10mm nuts I think in the rear of it. But where else are there screws/nuts/bolts whatever. I already have the glove box out and the rest of the right side lower red half out. Pics to follow
Tech tips
http://www.buellwinkle.com/r170/disassembly.htm

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have my ALL black seats... Cars just made 24K so they are new, it was a weekend car for first owner, never smoked in, no problems... Everything works with both. I wouldnt mind an even trade... Pics? ill send you mine...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
forcefed im in FL. MY parents are in NY near syracuse. Ill send you pics asap. Mine are pretty good. Never smoked in or anything. No stains. Ill send you pics asap only prob is the drivers is a tad bit worn on the edge but i can probably get it fixed ill send you pics asap though..

And OJ..
plans for the car.
fix all the little dents scratches and spray brand new color/ possibly shaved engine bay, new wheels unsure yet. KW V2 coilovers possibly if I can afford still. suede interior upgrade sound system. this year just exhaust and intake possibly pullys..
I have some shaving I wanna do. ive got a few other ideas for power adders but thats just the beginning. THoughts and suggestions??

·
Registered
392 Posts
Suade sounds nice, i was thinking about doing the roof in suade... My seat also has a little roughness on the outter seat bolster... pics to fallow... Any thoughts on carbon?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
The center armrest console is not that hard to pull out. There are some screws in the front where it splits next to the shifter. Pull the trim to get at them. The others are in the bottom of the compartment to hold it to the floor.

I would like to trade you my black seats. I have the cusions pulled and boxed already. The leather and cusions are easy to take off so the whole seat doesn't have to be shipped.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Carbon is a big thought right now. Theres a company on here that makes them for other cars like the front lips and stuff. Im trying to get them to make me a prototype one for the SLK. and also a rear spoiler probably similar to the OEM AMG one?I really want a cf hood too if I can come about getting one somehow. but yea itll be sick..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
o anyone have any suggestions on colors? I want something crazy I was thinking a orange or yellow, like Phoenix Yellow pearl from BMW or the Orange on the Lamborghini Murcialago (SP?)

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
if you want an orange.... you really CANNOT going Wrong with Sunet Orange Pearl from House of Kolor .... to me, there are only two colors to consider if I ever go custom paint on my car..its either that orange...or the uber sick grey color from the Lambo LP640...

as for the interior... I went through taking it apart ti have all my interior beige paint stripped and used a black die to give the plastics a natural black look... the seats and doors are black/beige and the headliner is beige... i got some stuff up my sleeve for the interior as soon as the car arrives to Venezuela...labor here is so cheap im gonna go crazy on the modding lol.

SUGGESTIONS:

before going crazy on the modding...really give thought to your priorities on the car... do you want a car that looks insanely good (at least to you..lol) or do you want a car that Performs AND looks good.... In my case, I like the Race-Inspired bling bling look... its kind of hard to describe but to me its the best way to mod a vehicle... I dont kill to have the fastest car out there...but I like a car thats fun to drive and puts a smile on my face everytime i drive it hard... if you ae satisfied with how your car performs...and want to focus more on the Show side of things... than I would say..save your money on the KW coils...get the H&R "touring" cup kit..search online and you will find nice deals.. and play around with the spring pads until you dial in the drop you want... you will end up saving about $700 that you can put towards a nice set of wheels... or other mods... to me, wheels should be UP THERE in the list if your into show... wheels are the One thing that can make or brake a car's look...and until your not riding on some sick set of wheels you aint worth anything at a show.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how did you do your taillights? Those look sick? Are they just painted or did you just tint them a bit?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
my tails were smoked with automotive ppg paint... the way they do this is they add a "tint" to the clear and spray it in coats until you reach the desired color...originally I didnt plan to have them as dark but my paint guy messed up on it and I just threw them on... Ill be getting LED tails soon and smoking them as well but the way I wanted too originally ...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea im not a fan of the CF center console im doing mine in suede.

·
Registered
392 Posts
MerClutch, if you can convince him to do the carbon hood, not just an overlay, im sure you will have the support of many here on the forum, I know i would get it! Keep me updated, im going to have the fake carbon dash covered with real carbon & my cluster aswell! Let me know about the seats aswell, a good cheep idea would be to just send the leather and not the whole seat... Up to you, mine are almost new, conditioned weekly.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts