Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Interior Luxury C32 vs M3

2K views 9 replies 1 participant last post by  Guest (MBNZ) 
#1 ·
Does the C32 have a more luxurious interior than the BMW M3? I have heard for example that on the CLK430's the interior switches can be somewhat cheap looking. Is that also the case on the C32?

#2 ·
I've only seen C32 in person, but my opinion the fit and finish seems to be a bit better than the standard C class. <br> I didn't really pay specific attention to the switches. <br> I'm in the same dilema....M3 vs. C32. From reading everything available...it seems that the M3 is more of a drivers car (better handling and dynamics), but the down side is dealer service and drivetrain reliability. Power is about the same, with maybe a slight edge to the C32. The M3 interior and exterior looks better to me. <br> Anyone else have a different opinion?

#4 ·
Never drove either one...

The dealers act as if the cars are made of gold. So it's, buy it and then you'll drive. I've sat in both, and after sitting in both...my preference is with the M3. I almost bought the M3 today. Someone backed out of a deal, and the dealer(in Silicon Valley) offered it to me for MSRP. The problem was the trade-in offer. More than 6K too little. They're a bunch of thieves.

#5 ·
Been in both

My friend has a 99' M3 which I have taken rides in. It feels like it's rougher ride than my dad's C32 and lacks the interior features that the C does. Perhaps the price differential shows that, but it isn't that different if you take the markup into account.<br>
<br>
Speed depends on the driver. If the M3 driver is grannyshifting or can't drive the car well, the C32 should beat it. But, the M3 on paper and in the hands of a skilled driver could beat the C32 easy.<br>
<br>
Also think about this: Which car will look better in 10 years? Also which will run better?<br>
<br>
It's Luxury vs. a racer's car.<br>

#7 ·
After owning an e36 ///M3 and e46 ///M3 then buying a C32 AMG certain comparisons can be made. These are of course subjective so they must be taken as such. The switches and plastic parts feel cheaper on the MB but the leather and body panals (plastic bumpers ect) seem cheaper on the BMW. What fuels the desire to own the cars should be based on what your expectations as a buyer are. For example the MB rides better but doesn't corner as well as the BMW this can be attributed to the fact the BMW sits lower and rides on 18 inch vs 17 inch wheels.<br> <br> If luxury is what you want then the automatic tranny on the MB and more user friendly powerband would be a good choice. If you want the challange of working the powerband and manual transmission as an expression of yourself then the BMW is the way to go.<br> <br> Try to drive both cars. You can read alot about them but nothing will compare to the driving experience.<br> <br> Only you can decide which car better suits your needs. Both are quality products but in my case I wanted a full size spare in the trunk and four doors. The C32 AMG can do this and is fun to drive now that the new C class has rack/pin steering and a very solid body. The four door BMW ///M3 was really impressive back in 97-98 and the C32 AMG has continued in that direction.

#8 ·
Re: Been in both

While this reply may be too late to be viewed, never-the-less, I had to try.<br> In any street or highway encounter between an E-36 M3 and C-32 what will, indeed, be easy is how readily the C-32 will destroy the M3. Having owned both (as well as several 911 Turbos, Ferraris, NSXs and a Viper), I can attest to the great acceleration advantage of the C-32. While the E-36 M3 is superior in handling to the C-32, this differential does not manifest itself in street/highway scenarios. While certainly a better 'track' car, the vast difference in torque limits any advantage the M3 might have even in this scenario.

#10 ·
I purchased my C32 in November and have 7500 miles on it. I have read the posts on the car and I wonder why no one has mentioned the intrusive throttle cut off whenever you touch the brake. The road I drive every day has a lot of sweeping curves and the throttle cut off is irritating to say the least! I wish this feature could be turned off by switch like the ESP(electronic stability program). The car would be much quicker through the 'twisties' and I would not be considering selling it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.