Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just bought a facelifted E350 with lighting package. The car is being shipped to me in Ohio, so I've not seen it yet, but can someone confirm if the interior lights are incandescent or LED? If they aren't LED, I'd like to upgrade the interior lights. What's a good source for a kit that has all the bulbs I would need?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I have a 2014 212 with the Lighting Package which I like very, very much, but I'd suggest you wait to get the car you've actually purchased before thinking about incandescent vs LED.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've looked at them, driven them.. I know what I'm getting, this is just one of those minor things that I didn't pay attention to, and I'm curious about now. Only reason I'm having one shipped is that I couldn't find one in the color I wanted with the options I wanted locally. I can wait until tomorrow when it arrives, though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I did not like the incandescent interior lights myself, changed them to Canbus Free LEDs the last week, ordered from Amazon.

You will need 18 '194 LEDs' for the interior (FR/RR DomeLights: 04, Footwell: 04, HeadLiner Vanity: 02, DoorLight: 04, Dash: 01 & Trunk: 03) and 1 'Festoon' for the Rear Dome Light.

From your post, looks like your car comes with a lighting package, you won't need 2 additional 194 LED for License Plate.

It took me a total of 30-40 mins, easy-peasy. The interior is much brighter now, I love it!!

I found the Steps: https://mbworld.org/how-tos/a/mercedes-benz-e-class-how-to-install-interior-led-lights-389641

194 Led Bulb Canbus Error: Festoon LED Bulb 42mm:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts