Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML320 (Sold)
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone no where I can get a Java Interior Door Trim Panel the one without the leather for a 1999 ML320? The dealer wants over 500.00 for it. Thanks

·
Registered
2000 ML320
81 Posts
The salvage yards are all online now. You could do your own search or go to a body shop and ask for help locating a good used door trim.

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
pize98 - 2/1/2005 12:14 PM

Anyone no where I can get a Java Interior Door Trim Panel the one without the leather for a 1999 ML320? The dealer wants over 500.00 for it. Thanks
Hey "P"..what's up???? Do you have some marks on your door panel , that are drivng you crazy...[;)]

·
Registered
1999 ML320 (Sold)
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey C-Rod on the passenger door the material has a bubble in it like the material is coming apart from the door. Anyway the dealer wants over 500.00 for it so I'm trying other routes. I heard you were thinking of changing your bumper hows that going? I do like the newer style bumpers.

·
Registered
2014 ML350 BlueTec
2,626 Posts
pize98 - 2/2/2005 11:26 AM

Hey C-Rod on the passenger door the material has a bubble in it like the material is coming apart from the door. Anyway the dealer wants over 500.00 for it so I'm trying other routes. I heard you were thinking of changing your bumper hows that going? I do like the newer style bumpers.
Thanks for asking.....l was able to get my hands on a 02 rear bumper...l like the detail on the bottom...l purchased it from virtualjunkyard.us ..good guys to deal with.....But of course, when l was recently at my dealership, he asked, if l would be interested in selling.....To be honest, the W164, for some strange reason, isn't that appealing to me.....l thought, seeing it, in person at the Detriot Auto show would help, but it didn't...l've always wanted a ML 55, so l asked the used car manager at the dealership to keep at eye out for a 01, or 02 ML 55...We agreed in principal, to about $22,000 for my ML..so my wife gave me the O.K.....l'll keep you abreast of the on going developments.....lf it goes through....would you be interested in the 02 rear bumper???????it needs to be painted, and of course, retro-fitted a bit....but as l said, l'll let you know...l hope this pans out!!!!!!

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
23,526 Posts
the passenger door the material has a bubble in it like the material is coming apart from the door. Anyway the dealer wants over 500.00 for it so I'm trying other routes.
Have you had an upholstery shop look at it? I had a similar problem with the dash padding on a car years ago and they were able to shoot some glue into the bubble with a hypodermic. It left the tiniest of puncture marks on the vinyl that only the repair guy and I would ever notice. You can often find guys with these types of skills and equipment hanging out on used car lots.

- RODNEY

·
Registered
1999 ML320 (Sold)
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Rodney thanks I'll check into that, a repair would be better than 500 bucks for a new door panel.

·
Registered
98ML320
1,278 Posts
rudeney - 2/2/2005 4:31 PM

It left the tiniest of puncture marks on the vinyl that only the repair guy and I would ever notice.
That's a great idea if it can be done. As a suggestion, they ought to be able to shoot the glue from the back side, since it's really easy to pop off the door panel. This would prevent any visible holes in the door panel.

·
Registered
1999 ML320 (Sold)
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah bitcayny thats what I was thinking I'm going to try it. I know removing the door panel is easy. thanks

·
Registered
1999 ML320 (Sold)
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I tried to repair the door myself and messed it up bad my wife was laughing at me. Went through the salvage yard online and within 2 hours I had a new door for 150.00. I guess If I had to pay to get it fixed it might have cost 100.00 anyway. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1999 ML320 (Sold)
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anybody know if the 2000 and up interior door panels with the leather with fit 1998-1999 plastic models? Are the airbags in different places? I always wanted to beef up the door panels. I know stefan used Gucci on his 1998 and it came out nice.

·
Registered
98ML320
1,278 Posts
I'd be surprised if they moved the airbag but the airbag itself may be different to work with the new panel. Someone needs to look behind their panel for you.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
C-Rod - 2/2/2005 11:18 AM

pize98 - 2/2/2005 11:26 AM

Thanks for asking.....l was able to get my hands on a 02 rear bumper...l like the detail on the bottom...l purchased it from virtualjunkyard.us ..good guys to deal with.....But of course, when l was recently at my dealership, he asked, if l would be interested in selling.....To be honest, the W164, for some strange reason, isn't that appealing to me.....l thought, seeing it, in person at the Detriot Auto show would help, but it didn't...l've always wanted a ML 55, so l asked the used car manager at the dealership to keep at eye out for a 01, or 02 ML 55...We agreed in principal, to about $22,000 for my ML..so my wife gave me the O.K.....l'll keep you abreast of the on going developments.....lf it goes through....would you be interested in the 02 rear bumper???????it needs to be painted, and of course, retro-fitted a bit....but as l said, l'll let you know...l hope this pans out!!!!!!
C-Rod, how much did it cost you to have that bumper shipped to Canada?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts