Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1984 MERCEDES-BENZ 300 TURBO DIESEL, 1978 CHEVROLET K20 CUSTOM DELUXE
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my front interior light only goes on when the door is opened but it does not go on when i flip the switch to constant on.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i took it out and took a look and i see how the contacts work. i am pretty sure it is a contact issue but it looks like it is contacting fine and i don't see anything broken. i guess i will have to figure out how to take the circuit board out and have a closer look.

·
Registered
1982 300D Turbo with newer engine (KKK Turbo)
90 Posts
Btw, new replacements are available and are cheap. Mine was cracked and I got one a few months ago for $15 from AutohausAZ- their part number is 0008206301.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Btw, new replacements are available and are cheap. Mine was cracked and I got one a few months ago for $15 from AutohausAZ- their part number is 0008206301.
+1

While you're at it, might as well get the W126 version that has a main dome light, and an additional map light. This upgrade is only good for '83 and above cars, with the illuminated sun visors. I think the '82 did not have illuminated sun visors, but if they did they might have the correct size for the upgraded dome light.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today i took out all of the internals of the front dome light. I cleaned the connections with a brass wire brush until it took a nice shine. I then took the metal pivot contact and bent the ends down a little. I put it all together and now it works fantastic. Everything finally works on the car except the air conditioning. I will probably deal with that next year.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts