Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if the two-tone silver/charcoal interior is available in 2001? When I go to the website to build out the car, I see the following interior color choices:<p>Charcoal AMG leather<br>Grey AMG leather<br>Ruby AMG Leather<p>I see that the ruby interior has the 2 tone seats and the steering wheel top, but I can't see from the picture if the Grey leather is two tone. I love the two tone look, but the ruby is probably over the top (for my wife). Much rather have a grey/charcoal two tone.<p>Does anyone have the ruby interior? Is it garish looking? Eye of the beholder I suppose... Any comments on resale value with the ruby interior?<p>Thanks!<p>http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container.jsp?/models/features/specs/specs_engine.jsp&modelCode=E55&menu=1_1

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The 2 tone for '01 is grey/charcoal. The grey is in the same places as the ruby. I don't think resale is affected. Folks looking at an AMG car are more concerned with performance. I don't think that the grey or ruby combinations make the car any slower. Mine was a cancellation, so I had no choice, but I would have ordered charcoal anyway. If you are ordering, command is a great option and a bargain at that. Parktronic is another that is useful. I wouldn't have thought so until I had a Jag S rental with a similar system.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The grey/charcoal looks like white/charcoal.

: Can someone tell me if the two-tone silver/charcoal interior is available in 2001? When I go to the website to build out the car, I see the following interior color choices:<p>Charcoal AMG leather<br>Grey AMG leather<br>Ruby AMG Leather<p>I see that the ruby interior has the 2 tone seats and the steering wheel top, but I can't see from the picture if the Grey leather is two tone. I love the two tone look, but the ruby is probably over the top (for my wife). Much rather have a grey/charcoal two tone.<p>Does anyone have the ruby interior? Is it garish looking? Eye of the beholder I suppose... Any comments on resale value with the ruby interior?<p>Thanks!<p>http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container.jsp?/models/features/specs/specs_engine.jsp&modelCode=E55&menu=1_1<p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts