Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
06 SLK350
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the beige colored interior in their car? I am just wondering how it seems to wear. I have never had leather and I hear repeatedly how much it shows dirt. The dealer told me that there is some sort of warranty on the color not getting stained but im sure this wont protect the normal discoloration over time.

Thanks

·
Registered
SLK 200K
41 Posts
Some pics of the beige interior:

http://mbslk.de/modules/4nAlbum/album/r171/r171-875/41489e1dd1ee8.jpg[img]

[img]http://mbslk.de/modules/4nAlbum/album/r171/r171-875/41489dcde5fcc.jpg

http://mbslk.de/modules/4nAlbum/album/r171/r171-875/40d13b694156b.jpg[img]

Stroubi

·
Registered
SLK 350 7G
31 Posts
We have had the ( Siam ) beige colour in use now for 8 weeks and no sign of wear or marking after 1600 miles.
We had the same concerns as you but dismissed them quickly due to having had a new E class for 4 years with the same colour and over 50,000 miles on the clock.
Maybe this comment will be difficult to believe, but the seats showed absolutely no sign of wear, creasing, colour loss or marking, in fact very much as the day we bought the car.
The only time we had a problem was ( you've guessed it) when the car went in for a service at the MB dealer.
Someone sat in the car with an implement in the back pocket and produced a nice scratch down the leather part at the side lumbar panel.
Initial denile as expected but they finally relented and sent over Mr fixit with his can of spray, which resulted in a miracle repair, ( sorry mr fixit if you are reading ).

Hope this calms your fears....

BTW what colour have you opted for the exterior ???
We chose the Tellurite silver and oooohh.. does it look good.

Cheers..

[:)]

·
Registered
2007 ML320 CDI - Silver/Ash
355 Posts
I have beige and have to agreee with the post above.
M-B seems to have this down right, the color should wear fine and will clean up easily.
The contrast of the black and beige looks really good to me, and the lighter color does not show the dust like a darker hue.
Hopefully this helps with your decision.

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
I really like the two tone appearance of the Beige (and Ash). One small detail is that the the roof header should match Ash better than Beige.

·
Registered
'05 SLK350
73 Posts
I have beige in my Obsidian Black SLK350. I have no complaints with how it looks or wears at this early stage (60 days since delivery). My only complaint is that it isn't the same color as the swatch I used to make my ordering decision. So when I took delivery the interior didn't look like I was expecting it to. I'm getting over that and it is growing on me.

·
Registered
SLK350
693 Posts
Ben Zuh - 3/2/2005 4:39 AM

We have had the ( Siam ) beige colour in use now for 8 weeks and no sign of wear or marking after 1600 miles.

Picking up my Tellurite with Grey on Friday so its nice to read your comments. Post your pics if you have some, it would be good to see, I have yet to see a Tellurite R171 in the flesh....and yours is also, like mine, a combination they dont recommend which worried me at first.

·
Registered
06 SLK350
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for indeed calming my fears. I think that color looks great. My exterior color is black.
Now all I have to do is wait 4 more months. Ugh.

[:(]

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350
41 Posts
Hey Socalapproach same color combo as mine. Did you get the wood trim? I did and it really adds a richness to the interior.[8D] Your gonna love it. The black and biege is a great contrast in shades.[:D]

·
Registered
'14 CLS63 AMG S, '10 GLK350, '03 SL5000
289 Posts
Here's the US AMG Beige (photo)

It really is beautiful and very practical here in the hot region of the US where a dark interior is unbearable. Actually, you may find that the darker colors show wear and cracks more than a lighter color.

·
Registered
06 SLK350
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again for the pics and comments. Hopefully someday soon I can post some too. haha. June/July seems far away.
Nice choice Lion. Actually I didnt opt for the wood. I agree that it does add a nice touch. Congrats everyone.

·
Registered
SLK 350 7G
31 Posts
joyfulheart - 3/3/2005 7:25 PM

Picking up my Tellurite with Grey on Friday so its nice to read your comments. Post your pics if you have some, it would be good to see, I have yet to see a Tellurite R171 in the flesh....and yours is also, like mine, a combination they dont recommend which worried me at first.

Here we go with 50 miles on the clock....BTW what is your choice of wheels ??

We based our choice of colours without seeing the same anywhere, but did see a 500 SL in these colours with wood and it immediately sold the choice to us.

Interestingly, we were the first to order this combination from the Benz dealer, who allocated an additional 3 just weeks after.

So much for the "not recommended" colour options, I guess we just have to settle for good engineering.[:D][:D]

·
Registered
SLK 350 7G
31 Posts

We based our choice of colours without seeing the same anywhere, but did see a 500 SL in these colours with wood and it immediately sold the choice to us.

Interestingly, we were the first to order this combination from the Benz dealer, who allocated an additional 3 just weeks after.

So much for the "not recommended" colour options, I guess we just have to settle for good engineering.[:D][:D]

·
Registered
SLK 350 7G
31 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK350
693 Posts
Its hard to tell that is Tellurite and not silver..it comes down to lighting. My dad has a Tellurite SL, I found out his colour choice after I made mine but had the chance to see his before making my order.
I have sports suspension so did consider your wheels, only £130 extra....but I like the standard ones, yours were a close second. The multi spokes are too multi for me...
Pic of my dads tellurite 350...

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK 350 7G
31 Posts
Clearly, i have still not quite got the hand of sending pic posts, is it just me that is impatient waiting for the screen to load before hitting the back button..[:eek:)]

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
Ben Zuh - 3/2/2005 9:39 AM

Maybe this comment will be difficult to believe, but the seats showed absolutely no sign of wear, creasing, colour loss or marking, in fact very much as the day we bought the car.
The only time we had a problem was ( you've guessed it) when the car went in for a service at the MB dealer.
Someone sat in the car with an implement in the back pocket and produced a nice scratch down the leather part at the side lumbar panel.
My Dad had the beige interior in his previous M Class, and the car did some travelling and the seats showed some slight sign of age, but the colour was still spot on.

But again he did end up with a rip in the seat, when he sat on it with a screw driver in his back pocket [:(]

Worse luck it was right before he was changing it, so they dropped the trade in price slightly to cover the cost of a new replacement seat. [:(!]

·
Registered
Diamond SilverSLK200
106 Posts
Clearly, i have still not quite got the hand of sending pic posts, is it just me that is impatient waiting for the screen to load before hitting the back button..
Hi Ben Zuh,

Here is a copy of my post to Snowball of Malibuite's really helpful post in response to my same dilemma.

quote:
-----------------------------------------------------
I don't think you can attach a file containing several pictures as this software will not open the file. You need to add each picture individually. You could just browse for the pictures in the file and then "submit" each one until you see all of them listed on the right and then "return to thread".

quote: from Scott Morris

"Attach a file AFTER posting" means: create a listing of pictures you want to submit WITH your posting".

The "listing on the right", (without actually telling you this will appear - well, for the dumb like me anyway [:eek:)]) does actually produce a pre-send list of selected pictures. You can delete any from the list that you don't want to send.

The site wording is confusing: "submit" actually means "create/add to pre-send list". "Return to thread" actually means "Send (upload/submit) pre-send list of selected pictures". Maybe it ALSO means "return to thread" but I didn't hang around long enough to find out!

I followed Malibuite's instructions after totally blowing my well-laid plans for a bit of picturesque fun, and from there on it worked a treat!

Hope you get it working for you too! [:D][:D][:D]

Scott

Diamond Blue (Tellurite) SLK200 MT

Diamonds Are Forever!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts